WUreducer - Reduce your Workload Units

Speed improvements of WU reducer compared to Bubble native:

wureducer-demo

2 Likes

Tutorial for this might be good for users trying your service :slight_smile:

Working on it!

Still working on learning how it works on all aspects of Bubble, like: https://twitter.com/advany/status/1749745048202203252

Loading large lists is much faster

Unable to login, Looks like you are using sendgrid :slight_smile:

Login should work again. I fixed it yesterday. You should get a email

Added a new tutorial to the homepage

Will on a way to add 1 second cache refresh in a future update. Its easier then adding a new RG on top of a existing RG.

Hi Ab , @gaimed
Just had a look to the video, sounds really interesting. Great work !

What I understand is that it’s mainly for quite “static” content in DB ? let say , blog, articles for a shop etc … Is it right ?
Is there interest if the content is depending on the user (typically a saas app) ?
If so when data change, does it means we have to trigger the change with a api call to cache data, to refresh?

You can use it for dynamic content. As long as caching could work like for content inside a SaaS app. Where users see the same content often or group of users share the same content.

Yes, you have to make a call to the same api that gets the cache with cache=0 to refresh it. Working on a version that will have instant refresh rates.

A user today is using it to cache all the needed data while the user is logging it, and then when the dashboard loads, all the data is already there.

Comparing native Bubble vs. Bubble + WU Reducer

Using a 3G fast connection

WU Reducer loads data and renders data in 4s, while only using native Bubble takes around 15s

wureducer - compressed

Why the difference?

• WU Reducer sends it in 1 request, while Bubble makes 7 requests
  • WU Reducer sends 7k, while Bubble sends 200kb
  • WU Reducer caches the call, while Bubble gets it from the database
  • WU Reducer sends less JSON (faster to parse/process), while Bubble sends a lot of JSON (slower to parse/process)

One app implemented WU Reducer yesterday. Saved 20k WU’s (going to save $99 in 30 days) minus the $6 costs of WU reducer.

6 Likes

I really hope someone at bubble sees this, would be such great additions

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a real pain that there’s the conflict of interest meaning Bubble would never dedicate resources in the medium term to allowing us to reduce spend with something like this.

At least we have a good community to do Bubble’s work for them…

7 Likes

I wish… even getting a meeting with Bubble partnership team is really hard. No idea why…

5 Likes

Yeah… so many options these days. Like xano plugin and supabase plugin. Thankfull to be able to add a new option to the mix that uses the Bubble database.

1 Like

Hey @gaimed, would this work for publicly accessible content that needs to be client-side searchable - e.g. a product listing/search page or similar? For nearly all of my use cases, the underlying data itself would not change often, but the site visitor needs to query it. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

So we are working on a new version that will have a query possibility. Still figuring out the best way to expose that:

Keep it simple like query=keyword (will give back any of the things in a list that match that keyword

Or complexer like query: field.contains=keyword&field.equals=keyword.

What do you think?

Would be able to store up to 25mb of data at a time and only return what matched the query.

For the current version you can only filter based on client side or pass a paramater to your api workflow.

1 Like

the complexer seems offer larger possibilities

This is massive reduction in WUs. Do you have any plans to add websocket to that solution?

1 Like

I can but Bubble api connector doenst support websockets…

1 Like

All I can say is wow man! Kudos :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Even someone from Bubble is testing Wu Reducer :wink:

We where able to save (estimated) 10k WU’s in the last 24 hours

1 Like