ZQ Fuzzy search | :filter results | sort by location not available?

Dear fellow Bubblers,

I have a questions regarding the possibilities to filter and sort the returned results by a Fuzzy Search using Zeroqodes Fuzzy search Plugin:

Aim: sort the returned things by the address contained in each thing (address).

Problem: unlike in the Bubble native Do Search, the :filter does not show up the address option.

Question: From my understanding, I am simply filtering and sorting list of things, and whether I apply that on results returned by Fuzzy Search or Bubble Search should not make a difference. Is there anythings I am missing? Is there a work-around?

It would be great to have some insight from users experienced in Fuzzy Search.

If you need any clarification don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you!!

Hello @moritzhd,

Unfortunately, the geographic address field type is not available as an option, because the Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete plugin allows only searching through text data types. As a workaround, you can try using text data type instead of geographical location.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. :pray:

Best regards.
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport ,

Thank you for your reply.

The one connection I still fail to make: While I completely understand that fuzzy search only searches through text data the results it returns are the things themselves.
Say I’ve got 5 things with the field color (text field) and price (number). If fuzzy search through those 5 objects, 3 are returned that are red. These I can sort by price (number), because the object itself is returned and not just a text box. But why can I not sort by location, which also is a non-text field?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards
Moritz

Hi @moritzhd,
Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

We would like to inform you that the Geographic places feature in Bubble operates using the Google Places API, which provides results in a different manner compared to other data types. As a result, not all fields may be displayed in the search results.

You can add a data field of type “geographic address” to the data type you are searching for. Once this field is added, you should be able to select it from the “Sort By” dropdown list.: Screenshot by Lightshot

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly, the address field you are suggesting is exactly the one that is missing in my case and I can’t figure out why.

Hi @moritzhd,
Apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

It will not be available if you use “: filter” but it should appear if you try as we indicated in the screenshot below.

In case the issue still persists, it will be appreciated if you send us some screenshots.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team