ZQ Rich Text Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode

I thought it may have been too many of the element. So I redid it to only have 3. The problem still exists. I will add you to my portal. Page is : version-test/partner_ts

I have simplified the page to a RG and one of your elements and the issue is the same. You can see my video of my attemtps to troubleshoot the issue here: Screen Recording 2021-10-19...

Feel free to delete elements on that page as it isn’t a working part of my app and simply set up for this purpose

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport , have run into another issue.

We’re using it on a ticketing system, and quite often the only item that gets added is a single pasted image. When that happens and no text is added, the image doesn’t get saved.

Hello, @philsim
Thanks for reaching out :pray:

Unfortunately, but the mentioned issue is a bit confusing for us due to the lack of details.
Can you please provide us with more details about your case?

We need to understand how the plugin element is configured in your application and how exactly we can reproduce the issue on our side.
If it is possible, the screencast with your steps will be helpful.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @christo1
Thanks for the provided access.

We have investigated your app (provided page for our team) and downgraded the version of the plugin.
If we understood your issue correctly, it consisted of an incorrect resize of the independence of the element settings.
After we have downgraded the version of the plugin, the page starts to work properly.

Please check it and let us know about the result.
From our side, we will fix the latest plugin version and will notify you about the upgrade.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you, I will check.

1 Like

Hello, @christo1
You are always welcome.

In case you will face an additional issues - please let us know :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regard,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

I’ve just started using this plugin and wondered what the best practice is for displaying the content entered using it?

I’m using it in a forum style page where people can add a new post using the plugin and all previous posts are shown above. I initially used the standard Bubble HTML element which appeared to work but any images are shown at full actual size rather than scaled to fit as they are when posted. I’ve temporarily fixed that by using multiple RTE’s set to read only but this seems to be a fairly inefficient way to do so.

Also, after testing with multiple images I noticed a big slowdown. I “think” this is probably down to 2 things; 1) that the image data is in the HTML, and 2)I have multiple RTE’s on one page. Any tips?

Thanks!

@richard16 @ZeroqodeSupport this was pretty much exactly the same issue I experienced and reported on above. The plugin is great for a forum or messenger app because of things like @mentions, but because of the image sizing issue your forced to use the read-only RTEs. I do not wonder if when an image is pasted into the RTE it should not be stored as width=100% so that when it is displayed it adjusts to the borders and doesn’t try to display the image at native size.

I imagine, every single person using the plugin within this context is going to face the same issue and while using the RTE to display data seems to fix it, I agree it doesn’t seem like the most efficient way of doing it.

Hello, @richard16 and @philsim
Thanks for reaching out.

Please allow us to add some highlights to both requests.
@philsim We are sorry for the behavior of the plugin in your app, however, as was requested in our previous message to you, some additional details would be very helpful.

We need to understand how the plugin element is configured in your application and how exactly we can reproduce the issue on our side. If it is possible, please record the screencast for us.

@richard16 please note that you can use the multiple RTE elements on the page. So, the page slowdown could be reproduced by other factors, like the quantity of the workflows and elements on the page :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, please note that currently, our team is fixing the issue with the dynamic content and resize of the elements. We will notify you once it will be ready :pray:

In case you will be able to share with us more details regarding your issue, we will be able to reproduce it and provide you with the best solution :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks. Yes, I’m already using multiple RTE’s but was just worried this may be inefficient.

I’m pretty sure that the slowdown is to do with the full sized image data being stored directly in the content (rather than just a link to the image). Because of the full sized image rather than the resized image being in there, that obviously makes the problem worse.

Hello, @richard16
Thanks for this input.

As it was mentioned in our previous message, we are in the process of fixing the issue with the dynamic content and resize of the elements.
Thus, we kindly ask you to look for the future plugin update in order to test it within your application, because the plugin is great for a forum or messenger app :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the understanding.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Ok thanks. Do you have any timescales for the image size fix?

Hello, @richard16
Thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, we can’t provide you with an exact date for uploading the latest plugin version. However, for measuring you, we would like to point that this process will be finished by the end of this working week.

We will immediately notify you about it :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Ok, that’s great and thank you. Great to see that it’s so imminent :+1:

Hello, @richard16
Thanks for your patience.

Please allow us to mention that we have upgraded the plugin (Version 1.92.0) and now, resizing of the content and dynamic content is working properly.
Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version and give it a try!

Also, check if the required option is working properly now.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

That’s great and I’ve updated the plugin. This has helped but has also introduced a couple of other issues :grimacing:

One is to do with images not expanding the RTE as default, and the other is RTE info not updating within a Repeating Group when re-ordered. I’ve made a video demo to show you them both happening and explain further Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Thanks

Richard

Hello, @richard16
Sorry to hear about this inconvenience.

Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide us a link to it? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to find the reason for the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport , @Sarah_Esteve
I have the same issue! And even more: if you insert an image using “image icon” so in email it’ll be displayed as endless rows of random symbols :frowning:
Have you solved it? What should I do?

@ZeroqodeSupport Ok thanks, I’ve added the support team to the list of collaborators as requested.

The App is at Networkcentral | Bubble Editor

And an example of a live page showing the issue is https://networkcentral.biz/social-topic/1636354363974x177337908981661700

If you need any more info, just message me!

P.S. I also discovered another minor bug yesterday. If you add either an image (or video link) without any other text/data then the content is saved as empty.

@ZeroqodeSupport Hi again, another query from me, sorry!

Is there a way to limit the image size uploads that people use? I couldn’t see an option but today we had an issue with speed (almost unusable) in one area of our site. After investigation, it was because a user had uploaded a 10MB image in the RTE! :grimacing:

I see that images are stored as data within the actual content, but another option I’d love to see is the ability to use the Bubble accounts usual files storage on Amazon. That way, performance would be vastly improved for anything using the RTE.

Thanks