Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

ZQ Rich Text Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode

hello @ZeroqodeSupport

Do you have a schedule for the plugin fix update ?

Thx !

Hi @Sarah_Esteve ,

Thanks for catching up. Yes, we have just pushed a new version to live, so you can upgrade the plugin on your side to give it a try!

Both issues have been fixed. Just to mention about the RTE element inside a popup element. You see, this plugin element comes with a checkbox called RTE Content Resizable:

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 16.45.04

So here is how it works: checks whether or not the group (where it is located) is resizable or not. Here, the popup element is not resizable, which is why the RTE Content Resizable should be turned off, and it will not get outside of the popup border.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport . So I feel I’m missing something here.

With standard bubble RTE I simply save the input as text and display as text.

With your RTE I have a few options, from which I tell the main two for the actual content is text or HTML.

When I save the content as text and then display as text, it is just plain text - no saving any formatting or anything like that?

Not sure if I’m missing something with your plugin, or if there is a bug caused by something else on the page? Do I have to use the plugin to display the text as well, which would seem like bloat as I’m using it as a messaging input on a repeating group.

On another note, ideally I would be using the lite version, but I really want to use the emoji capabilitiy. It would be ideal if could trigger the emoji capabilites to pop up withinout having to highlight text which is really counter intuitve. Emojis are also really small and there doesn’t seem to be ability to search??

Hi @philsim ,

Thanks for the feedback. Let us try to relate a bit more on this matter.

You’re right noticing that the Bubble’s RTE works a bit different than our plugin. You see, the Bubble’s RTE is using the bb codes for formatting, which is why you are able to display the rich text in a Text element.

In our case, you are also able to display the rich text but in a HTML element instead (without having to see the tags).

Here is an example to showcase how both work:

As it can be seen, the “hello” text is edited as bold in both RTE elements. If you display the Bubble’s RTE value in a HTML element, you will see that the formatting is done with the help of bb codes, that actually work in the simple Text element so it is displayed as expected, but not in the HTML element on the right.

And in case of ZQ RTE element, which offers 2 states to be displayed: 's Text and 's HTML, which is why the Text element is displaying the formatted text with tags, and the rich text in the HTML element. As previously mentioned, you are right saying that our plugin is working a bit differently. But you can easily use the HTML element if you want to display the RTE’s value in different places of your app.

Yes, it is not possible to search through emojis, unfortunately. This is not a plugin feature, but we’ll consider it as a future improvement in the upcoming updates, if feasible. :pray:
If we do publish a new version with the updates, we’ll make sure to notify you if you will.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thank you @ZeroqodeSupport , I’ve got it working however replacing the text fields with HTML fields, has upset my design a little. How would I change the default font to match what it was when displaying as a text field?

Also, just to demonstrate what I meant by triggering emoji (and also media ideally) without having to highlight the text.
We’ve included the RTE in a group and it would be great if hitting the Emoji button could trigger a workflow to display the emoji pop-up. Also on that front I’ve had issues with the emoji pop up appearing below other items in an RTE, is there anyway to make it always appear above the RTE element? I think you could make this the default solution for every messaging app in Bubble if you added this capability!

Hi @philsim ,

Thanks for feedback. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the default font of the RTE on page load, but you can change the formatting in the preview if you will, here:

As for the HTML element, to match the design, you can simply remove the default styling and set your preferred font as usual in Bubble.

We’ll consider this one for the future improvements as well, if feasible. :pray:

Thanks a lot for your inputs!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

@ZeroqodeSupport have been deploying your plug in across our app - the other option that would be great on the full RTE is to have the editing controls at the bottom, rather than the top - such as is used in Slack for example.

Hi @philsim ,

Thanks for the great inputs! We’ll add to our roadmap feature list to make sure not to forget about!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

hey hey guys from @ZeroqodeSupport

seems the bug of line breaks is still there, strange !

also a problem with the box height :upside_down_face:

thanks for help

Hi @Sarah_Esteve ,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please let us know whether or not you have upgraded the plugin to the latest version on your side? If yes, and the issues still reproduce, please tell us the browser and OS versions you are using to develop the app :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

hello @ZeroqodeSupport !

yes last version

I’m on chrome / windows 10

also tried on Macbook air, same as windows (loom in previous post) (same last chrome)

I also tried on an ipad, what is very strange it’s there it is the opposite, when I have 2 brek lines in editor, it brings only one in text :upside_down_face:

thanks for debug

Hi @Sarah_Esteve ,

Sorry for delay, we are already investigating this request! We’ll get back to you with updates asap.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @Sarah_Esteve ,

We have pushed a new update, could you please make sure to upgrade to the latest version then give it a try again?

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport Yes it seems fixed now, thank you

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport , Issue I’m facing with your plug in, is any images that are pasted in, display in fullwidth and therefore expand outside of the display area which I’m displaying via a HTML block. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi guys

@Sarah_Esteve we’re happy to know it’s finally working! We would highly appreciate if you leave us an honest review in the Plugins Tab. You can give it a rating it deserves.

@philsim please let us investigate it then get back with working solutions asap!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks @ZeroqodeSupport , it has become a pretty big sticking point with my users

1 Like

Hey @philsim ,

We tried to reproduce this behaviour on our side, but could not replicate unfortunately. Could you please share a bit more details like screenshots or a screencast of your design and workflows (if any) so we try to do the same setups on our end? It will help a lot :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team