Creating Unique Links

I’m trying to create unique links that go to a certain page with the user already logged in. Currently I’ve created a page, login, that is of type user, that logs the user in on page load. The email used in the login is the Current Page User’s email and a temp pass I created that all users currently share. Eventually when the users start using their respective logins they would change their passwords and I would still like to create these unique links. Is there a way to use something like Current Page User’s password as the password to login with?

edit: I would like to avoid creating a field password for the Users.

I think what you might be looking for is the “Create an account for someone else” feature. You can use a workflow to create an account with the email that the user specifies, but the account won’t require a password. When the users then decide to log in later, you can require them to change their password.

Did that help? Not sure I completely understand what you’re looking for.

Thanks for responding but that’s not what I’m looking for. So I have a Company Info page that is prepopulated with a client’s information that they can change. Basically I want to be able to send a link to a client that goes to said page with them already logged in.

So you can use this option: https://bubble.io/reference#Data.Messages.CustomType.id_link. If you have a page that has a type ‘Company’, that will generate a link with the right id.

Now if you want to log the user in, you can have a workflow on page load that does that (but you’ll have to use a dummy password). Might not be best security wise.

1 Like