Google Analytics plugin not working due to cookies GDPR

Hi,

I just installed the google analytics plugin (the one made by the bubble team), added my tracking IDs successfully (one for live version and separate one for development). However, my analytics dashboard at google doesn’t show visitors (or any incoming data, for that matter) when I test.

I wondered if it just takes a while after plugin install and setup. However, nothing is happening. So, in order to check if anything is wrong with my google analytics setup on the google side, I copied the google analytics script snippet that is supposed to be added to a site’s header. I pasted it under my bubble app’s settings → SEO/metatags → Advanced settings → Script/meta tags in header. After doing this, my test worked and the google analytics dashboard showed incoming live data.

However, I also checked my app sites’ html source code, and if I don’t add the script manually under the settings (as just described above) google analytics is nowhere to be found, even when the plugin is installed and tracking IDs are added. Can anyone tell me if I am doing anything wrong with the plugin or is there something wrong with it? I’d prefer to use the plugin instead of having the google analytics script added manually. I see that thousands of bubble apps are using the plugin, so I am suspecting something is wrong on my side of things…

I read in this post: Google Analytics Plugins Stopped Working? that deactivating the option for not placing cookies in the settings does fix it. However, for EU based bubbler’s, deactivating this is not an option due to legal circumstances.

I think @thetylerhayes basically hit the same problem here but didn’t receive any answers so far: Google Analytics not tracking data -- set up properly

NOTE: even when the user opts in on cookies, tracking won’t work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have the same issue you are describing. Opting for the javascript include you are describing.

I also did a lookup on how GDPR compliant Google Analytics 4 is. In this article they state it is compliant: " Google Analytics 4 relies on first-party cookies which keeps them compliant with new privacy laws like GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act."

Hi! I am having the same issue. Did you manage to find a solution?

I just put in my G4 Google Analytics code in and chose the V2 version of the plugin and it worked.