Ability to right click elements and open in new tab

Hi all,

I’m having issues with text elements and button elements. I want to be able to right click some text or a button and have the ability to open it in a new tab.

On desktop, when I right click it just selects the text itself. On mobile, when I hold on a button it does the same thing. Instead I want the browser menu to open, allowing a user to open the link in a new tab.

I did a bit of digging and found out I can use the ‘link’ element instead of text, which means I’d have to go through my whole app and change every single clickable text element to a link. If that’s the case, so be it. This doesn’t solve the issue with the button element though, as I assume there’s no option to include a link element within it.

Have attached an image for reference.

Edit: After looking around a bit more, it looks like it’s not just buttons and text, but basically any clickable element. I have some cards built using standard groups, which navigate to a different page when clicked. These are not right-clickable either!

Thanks!

Browsers only show the Open in a new tab option when you right-click on an HTML Link.

To the best of my knowledge, there’s no way around this. It needs to be a link. Buttons won’t do. Text won’t do. It’s not Bubble specific though, it’s really just HTML specs that dictate that behavior.

If that behavior is particular important for your use case, what you’ll want to do is use a link and style it to make it look like a button.

4 Likes

Damn, what a pain! Thanks for shedding some light on it. I guess it’s not essential for me, but it’s a handy thing to have since I personally use it a lot myself and assume others would too.

Might just have to forget about it unless/until it becomes an actual issue. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.