Adding and Subtracting Fractions

I am very new and have extremely minimal knowledge on trying to create an app. In my current app I want to have drop down boxes in which fractions (8th’s, 0/8, 1/8, etc.) can be selected and I would like to be able to add and subtract these drop down boxes. I’ve tried to research this and through trial and error, I can’t figure it out. I can’t get the fractions to register as a fraction and not a just a number. I would like the result of the addition/subtraction to be shown as a fraction and not a decimal as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey @sylteem this is the beauty of Option sets as you can have use information that is represented in different ways (e.g. text, numbers dates). This is perfect for using drop-downs. You can have 3/8 be represented as a decimal (0.375) and used in a calculation - e.g. X * 0.375 to get the result you desire.

You do this through the modify attributes of an option:

This is assuming that there isnt a huge amount of fractions you want to utilise (as this can get tedious to update).

For example:
Fractions

Hope that helps

So your dropdown you want just needs to be 0/8, 1/8, up to 8/8? And is it a dropdown to do + or -? And you want it to show whole numbers with remainders?

Thank you for your help. I was able to figure that out now. Is it possible to have the result display the fractions instead of the decimals? For example 2 1/8 +3 3/8 = 5 4/8 vs 5.5.

Thanks for the reply. The other response answered that question.

Unfortunately, none that i know of.

Good luck!

You could set up conditional statements to make it look how you want.