Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Adding to map data points in one table from another tab

Hey, so i am building an app where I can add all my coupons (structure is similar to notes app shown in the course)

To give an overview of the flow, a user inputs some data in a popop (It includes, coupon code, company name and expiry date)

For this I have created 2 tables as shown in the image below

What I want to do is, if company name is present in “All company list” table then it doesn’t create a new row in that table and just fills all fields in “All coupons” table. This includes company name and company sector.

If company name is not present in “All company list” table then it creates a new row in that table as well as fills all fields in “All coupons” table. This includes the company name and company sector.

I am unable to do so, it could maybe be because of the field type I have chosen (Also in screenshots below). Would highly appreciate your help on this

So, I have an search box as an input field in a form, and I’ve checked the box “Allow entries not in list when typing”.

The problem is with database entry for that form, that search box’s typed text as the input, it doesn’t register the lookup as input, and leaves the field blank.

But if I put the results of the lookup as the input, then it doesn’t register any input if the user types something that isn’t there.

Both work perfectly on their own, but I want them combined into one data entry. Am I going to have to create two conditions in the workflow, one if the input is already on the list, and the other if they have a new one? It seems like there must be a simpler way…

Hello! There are two ways to get the desired behavior that you are describing. The first is to have two conditions in the workflow, one for it the input is on the list and one for if it is not. The second option would be to trigger two custom events and having the appropriate custom event run when valid. This method is similar to the first in that there is no seamless way to have one workflow or event handle two possible outcomes. I hope this helps!

Hello @ikenna.nicolas this was super helpful! Problem resolved. Thanksa lot