Am I missing something with deploying?

Hello all, I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to how to do this properly. I’ve searched the forum but I can’t find anything to help me with this.

I want to change the meta tag and add google analytics because the meta says that my site is under construction. But when I add the Title and Description for (ForSEO/FB) on the homepage and download google analytics then deploy that version to live it all disappears :confused: I even tried doing it on the live version but a popup tells me that I’m on ‘Live read only’ and that I need to do it in development mode.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,
Quin

Make all changes, including SEO, etc in the Development version. Then, deploy to live. The SEO etc will then get deployed to the live version. You can also point google analytics to the /version-test development version and see if you can see changes before deploying to live.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure those in-page settings are ignored in non-paid apps. Same thing with the Page HTML Header field. Could that be your issue?

Hey, thanks!

Turns out it wasn’t saving properly in the development version for some reason. I was finally able to save it and bring it to the live version. I guess it probably takes a while for it to show up in a google search though.

1 Like