Announcing some fun new features (Nov 2019)

Hi @allenyang,

The :defaulting to is brilliant both as a timesaver and precaution to avoid empty fields. Would you consider adding this to number fields as well? Would be equally useful!

2 Likes

Number 8, this is Super!

Request noted :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool, thanks :slight_smile:

6, 8, 17 :slight_smile:

I am almost positive this is a new one (or it isn’t, and I may have just recognized it for the first time! :relaxed:). In either case, thank you to the Bubble team member(s) that added the element height and width texts as an element is being resized, when ‘show distances on hover’ is selected! Love it! :slight_smile: :raised_hands: :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Here’s a few more to consider for future hackathons:

• Collapse any element when hidden (not just groups in groups)
  • A way for admin to change user “email confirmed” to “yes” for testing purposes
  • In a RG, when you see the last item displayed, allow us to be able to write a conditional off of that. e.g. When last item of RG index is visible “hide load more button”

Adding another suggestion to the list.

Ctrl + Scroll = zoom in / out

Using most design platforms like Figma, you can easily zoom in/out whilst holding Ctrl and scrolling, which makes it effortless to zoom in/out on aspects of your design

This would be a great addition to the editor, to make zooming in on elements far easier and smoother. At the moment holding Ctrl and whilst scrolling, just scrolls as normal.

1 Like

+1 I find using the zoom super helpful these days when working in multiple groups layers and so on for pixel perfect alignment. These small differences make a difference. This request is kinda like the idea: Add a keyboard shortcut for swiftly zooming in & out on a design canvas in editor

1 Like

Another to the list, also inspired by Figma.

When clicking an element + holding Alt key you select the immediate parent group instead of the element you are hovering, then if you click again + alt you get the next immediate parent. Instead of having to navigate to the select parent/child dropdown every time. This would save so much time!

Hi @Andy_i

This function already exists, on mac ⌘cmd, on pc I believe it’s CRTL.

Thanks John! Doesn’t seem to work for me on pc though, it just selects / deselects the element.

Can we maybe have a feature/improvement voting system, so that anyone can propose an enhancement, and the community can support it if it’s useful enough?

Can be a great feedback/triage tool, and super-autonomous too.

I feel that there are a lot of gems on this forum that can be enough for quite a few hackatons, but will inevitably be buried among threads unless noted down.

Webflow does that and I find it pretty smart.

What do you think, @allenyang?

3 Likes

Yeah this is a great point and something perhaps overdue.
It will create a clarity between users on must have features, save on duplicate requests and hopefully give Bubble a clearer idea on the direction of the platform.

2 Likes

Yea, a public voting board is something we’ve considered. Might be something we do in the future. But so far what’s stopped me is:

1. Our roadmap for the near future is pretty packed with big projects (eg performance, editor redesign, making responsive easier, etc.)
  2. There’s certainly no shortage of ideas for our internal hackathons! We definitely keep track of the ideas that folks on the forum share. Part of the goal of the hackathon is to knock out as many small features as we can. Often we like the ideas being shared on the forum, but they’re bigger than hackathon-sized, so we punt on those.
  3. We also add to the hackathon list of ideas internally - so we definitely don’t currently have a shortage of ideas!

This is definitely on my radar though :slight_smile: In the meantime, we appreciate all the feedback yall give us via the forum and especially via any 1-on-1 chats folks may have had with people on the Bubble team - all the feedback is definitely being heard!

8 Likes

They did this in November 2019

I hope you don’t mind us actually going ahead and doing this ourselves @allenyang :sweat_smile: