Api authorization: please help! I’ll buy you a drink

How can I connect to API that requires authorization? cURL example below:

Really, I’ll PayPal or cash app the first person to help me connect successfully lol. Thanks!

I have the API connector installed but the bubble interface is new to me. Works in postman.

You can import curl calls, so you might try that first…

2 Likes

I can help you. You’ll need a plug-in as well, look for HASH HMAC.

According to the documentation, you concatenate your key, your secret, your unix timestamp and do a sha256 hash of these and pass it in a header.

You’ll need the plug-in to calculate that, then feed it into your API call.

Presumably the request itself has a timestamp in. These must match.

You’ll need bubble fields or states or whatever to calculate the hash, then feed it into the api. The add in needs you to have a copy of the hash generator on the page, which is invisible.

Calculating a hash signature on the page is all well and nice, except it exposes the secret to the browser, ie. the end user.

When doing a hash signature on the server, you may be able to use a Bubble function …

On the other hand, I think the API Connector can do the signing for you if configured right. I don’t recall exactly, might be confusing it with Oauth2 and too tired to test … zzzz zzz

Yeah that last bit is way better.
In my own app I stopped using the hash hmac generator on the page and built my own standalone API on alternate server so my credentials were never in bubble itself.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.