Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

API workflow can't handle add list of things to another thing?

I’m trying to do the following and I’m using an API workflow because it takes a lot of time to create these things:

On a page with input and a button, after click:

create Thing Inventory > create Thing Item (number 1, inventory = result of step 1) > Create Thing item (number 2, inventory = result of step 1) - etc. > Make changes to thing (result of step 1) Items add list (do a search for Items with Inventory is step 1)

This works when not using the API workflow but it doesnt work when I do it through the API workflow. Is this a limitation?
If this doesnt work with the API workflow I need to add all entries manually or handle it outside the API.

Important bonus question: when adding the items, I want to automatically number each new item so I do a search for items’number last item and then add +1. For some reason, this doesn’t work in the sequence but using the debugger I cannot figure out why?

I added everything to the forum app:

Editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=v56-map&id=forumapp3&tab=tabs-1

preview: https://forumapp3.bubbleapps.io/version-test/v56-map?debug_mode=true

When you say add list doesn’t work, I assume you mean the list does not get added to the database field after the workflow runs? If so then I was having a similar problem with add list and set list just this evening, and I was going to raise it here.

In the end, I switched from ‘Create a new thing’, to ‘Make changes to thing’, with “Create if thing doesn’t exist” checked, and strangely enough add list worked then.

I think the add/set list feature may be a little buggy. It may be worth raising a bug report, if you can clearly show a reproducible issue. I haven’t tried yet to reproduce it consistently myself.

Funny you say this because I just opened another topic with two issues of which one is almost the same. I am able to do it now in my own app, but cannot reproduce in the forum app. Good to hear I’m not going insane just yet ;). Although it is very likely that it is something im doing wrong…