App with payment based on file storage

Hello Bubble community,

I’m currently working on a prototype for an app, and I’m wondering how far I can take it. Specifically, I’m curious to know if there is a way to set up payment based on how much data the users of this app would upload to the app. I know the largest Bubble Limit is 50 GB, so this probably wouldn’t scale, but I’m curious if there is a way using stripe, or another plugin to set up payment this way. I know the stripe plugin does subscriptions and transaction fee based payments, but I’m wondering if this is doable as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes you can. You can use an external file storage service to get higher limits. Need to set up pricing in your app based on your settings…then connect in with a payment merchant such as stripe

Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate a little more on this…

“Need to set up pricing in your app based on your settings”

I think I’m struggling with a way to figure out the storage amount. Right now, I can create a data structure where I have users that upload documents. I’m not sure how I pull the size of those documents (10 GB, 20 MB, etc) from the record of the uploaded file, and save it as a new record.

I know that may be a bit confusing. Any ideas?

Matt

Hmm…you know what, I may have spoke too soon. I just discovered the file manager. I’ll play around with that and see if I can somehow aggregate the size field based on user, and then set up payment that way

Yes, the file manager is important for this. But to get the information you need you will do this in workflow on save of a file

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 1.58.44 PM

check this app if need more details

Basically you need the URL to be able to delete the file at a later time from the file manager in the case that a user has abandoned the app or stopped their subscription and you need to remove their files.

There are some other things like making the file attached to a specific thing ( user or file or any other data type )

I have not explored plugins for files alone, but I’m sure some out there might do more than the bubble file uploader.

For images I use the croppie plugin to get this type of information, as well as an ability to change image file name for SEO purposes.

1 Like

This helped a lot…thanks so much.