Applying a Search for query to a whole group?

Hey Everyone,
Bubble Newb, here. So, like the topic describes, I was curious to see if it is possible to do a Search For in the Datasource of the group and easily apply the attributes of a “thing” in the inputs inside of it.

For better clarification,
In order for my input box (in my “Profile” page) to display the person’s photo, I have to do the following:

Search For:
Type Actor

Constraints:
Email Address = Current User’s Email

Search for Actor’s Photo.

Basically, I want to know if there’s a quicker way to query each input box without doing the whole shebang of doing a search for. I’d prefer not to redo my data to put all the “Actor” fields under the default User “thing”.

Forgive my ignorance if any of this is Developer 101 stuff.

Thanks
Paul

Hard to follow, need clearer examples, snapshot or link. Based on current explanation, you could add fields to the data type so you could use it as constraints in the group data source.

Thanks for the response and sorry for being so vague. I think that is what I was trying to do by matching the User’s email address to the one stored in the Actor “thing”, but I kept getting errors.

Here are some screenshots of my data sets, and the page where I am querying the photo. I am able to query the photo ok in this field, but i was wondering if it is possible to globally query the actor in the group, and then have a much simpler query for each field

I hope this helps illustrate what I am trying (unsuccessfully) to do.

Thanks in advance!

I think I understand now. Next post I will display explanation with images.

Thank you so much!

I had this problem early on, really frustrating. You could do first item or random item after you do search for. Then you could add constraints.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Really appreciated!

Your welcome