Auto Scrolling to bottom of Repeating Group or Add to top of Repeating Group

Hi

I have a repeating group that users can dynamically add too.
But when x number of rows have been added the rest add to the bottom but the user cannot see them unless they scroll manually.

Is there a way to automatically scroll to the bottom when a button is clicked
OR
Add the new row to the top of the repeating group?

Vaishali

2 Likes

The way i would do this is by sorting the list by creation date or by adding a columns the contains an integer that you can increase by +1 on each addition.

2 Likes

Yeah i’d do this that way. We don’t have an action to scroll down. If that’s necessary we could look into adding this, but not sure it’s the best UX.

1 Like

Something nice would be to be able to scroll to an item inside a Repeating Group
go to… first item / last item / item with Thing’s Name = X…
For instance I would have used it for my Q&A section with all the questions listed at the top.

1 Like

I second it… The user having to scroll down on receiving a new message basically kills any messaging app idea. Having new messages displayed on top isn’t really a natural UI

Would be terrific to just have the feature mentioned in the above message By Nicolas

3 Likes

thinking about it,
that would also allow better user experience like for websites using combinations like calendar & list or map & list.
When a map display several markers, or when a calendar show many events, clicking on one of them, go to the corresponding item in the RG with the details.
I’ve got these both situations in my app.

We’ll think about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@emmanuel do you think it worths a feature request ?

No it’s on my list to think about already.

1 Like

Just added it :smile: https://bubble.io/reference#Actions.ScrollToListEntry

12 Likes

this is huge, thank you!

2 Likes

whaoo. Cool !
Thks @emmanuel !

2 Likes

Thank you…did what I needed for now

Any update on this? I’m trying to create a chat function and would love to be able to reverse load (so it appears similar to FB messenger, whatsapp, SMS, etc. ).

Use the “scroll to” workflow item

I try to do the sam was @maryfox20 , but the scroll to workflow does not work inside a repeating group.
Moreover the really wanted way of doing it would be to have a repeating group starting from the bottom.
Have you got any solution @projectvisionhealth or @Emmanuel ?

1 Like

The solution I used was to create a status on the RG called ‘latestLastItem’, and create a workflow triggered ‘General whenever condition is true’, when ‘RG list :last item IS NOT latestLastItem’ => set the latestLastItem status to the last item in RG list, and then ‘scroll to’ the last item. That way, however the RG list is updated (e.g. in the background by some other process or user) the list always scrolls to the latest item - at the bottom.

3 Likes