Automatically Resetting Data

Hey Wonderful Community Members, I want to know how can i automatically reset a data after a specific amount of time.

Use Case : Actually my website has a feature where a person can use a facility once every 24 hour and for that we are letting them to process through a button only once a 24 hour, Once they confirm that it marks the status of use as “YES” so if that is yes i made the button non-accessible. But now after 24 hours i want that status to be automatically to be “NO” so that the button can again become accessible.

what should i do for that, please do guide me through this.

Under the User data type you can have a date-time field ‘validUntil’ that stores when this facility will expire. When the user clicks the button it is changed to 'current date/time:+days 1 , only when validUntil < current date/time

Now every time the user attempts to use this facility, you can permit them based on the comparison between current time and 'validUntil’s value

I DON’T KNOW WHY BUT THIS VALIDATION IS NOT WORKING, WHEN I REVERSE THE SIGN “>” THEN IT WAS MAKING BUTTON DISABLE BUT WASN’T SURE WILL IT WORK OR NOT.

do you think recurring event will help this problem?

You should permit the user to use the facility only when validUntil>current time
So I think what you were doing was correct.

Yes, a recurring event will work.
You will however have to add workflows to manage the recurring event.

even when i was using this symbol > still after that valid time it was not turning back to clickable.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.