Backend workflow to return a list of things

Hi Bubblers,

I would really appreciate some hint on this problem I am working on.
I need to make something known as a function in programming languages, i.e.
need to receive some in parameters (few list of things)…in function need to do some looping on those in parameters, and have a result new list of things, which I need as a source of my RG in the front end…
Any hints how to do this?
As I need some IN parameters (some lists and some single values), and do some looping, I guess I need to do that in the backend workflow, with API loop. But how do I get result (my source for RG in the front end) back to the front end?
Any hint is very much appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!!!

Hello @zhadz

You can do loops via backend or front end. Api workflows or list-shifter plugin respectively.

In both cases to show up in the frontend search for the transformed items using a repeating group

Hi @cmarchan ,
thanks for replying.
I prefer using the backend (I have some issue with the list shifter refreshing time).
When I do API in the backend, how do call/pass the result in the frontend, if I am not saving it in the DB?
I have a RG at the frontend, but what do I choose as a source for the RG? Do I need to use the plugin API connector to pass the result into the frontend or there is some other way?
Thanks a lot for helping!!!

@zhadz

Set a field to change after it has gone through the loop and search for it. It will show up in the frontend once the search constraint is met.

Hi @cmarchan ,
thanks for trying for help.
I guess once it is done it is clear, or due to my un-experience in Bubble, I can not figure out your instructions.
I would really appreciate (of course if you have time and patience) little bit more explanation or some screen shots of example, if you have some…if not, fully understand…
thanks again…

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.