Barcode scanning edamam

Ok I’m brand new to no-code so I’m pretty unsure of everything so far.

I can’t seem to connect the edamam API using the API connector. I have the right keys and ID’s in place, and I am getting a successful result when I initialise a call, but I can’t seem to get any results actually on my app.

The issues it says I need to fix are:

Searching for ingredients/products
“RepeatingGroup Get Food item: Data source sould be List of Get food items but right now it is a Get food item”

Searching for recipes
“RepeatingGroup GET recipes hit: Data source sould be List of GET recipes hits but right now it is a GET recipe”

I have called my ingredient search API call: “Get food items” (as it’s a GET request for items from edamam)

I have called my recipe search API call: “GET recipes”

I’ve followed videos and read about using API’s but I can’t seem to resolve this and I don’t know why.

I also don’t know how to send the barcode number from a barcode scan to the API to use the UPC code, and I can’t find any examples of how to do it.

Can someone explain what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi Stuart,
I am also looking to use the Edamam API, could you help me with the initial set up, I’ve not actually used the API connector yet. I’m not sure what authentication to use, etc. is there a step by step guide I can follow?

Once set up, hopefully we can work on your issue together, I’m thinking that maybe the API is returning a single result, whereas a repeating group is designed to show a list of results.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

1 Like

Hi,

Has anybody managed to implement the Edamam API?

We have it implemented in our app. We used an outside developer from Fiverr to setup and it seems to work good for our app users. his name was yardillo on Fiverr.