Basic Questions regarding Deployment, Saving, Live App

Hi,

I’m relatively new to Bubble, and just had a Bubble Expert make an app for me. I’m now in charge of updating/editing it. I’m quite familiar with the whole editing process, but I just want to make sure I get the deployment right. I remember using Wix and having to SAVE the website then PUBLISHING it to make sure the changes were made “public”/live.

How does one go about publishing/deploying on Bubble? What are the best practices?

Should I create a Save Point every time I make some changes to the app in Development Mode?
Do I have to Deploy Current Version everytime I want an update to go live? Do I have to hit the Deploy button even if I’m simply correcting a typo in the app, or should it only be reserved for bigger amendments?

Don’t hesitate to let me know if I missed a video or FAQ on this.

Cheers!

Luke

So whenever you want a change from your development version of your application to go live on the live version of your application, you’d click the Deploy Button.

Regarding saved points, I haven’t personally used it so maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

1 Like

Thank you Johnny! Much appreciated. I was scarred of “overdeploying” and publishing too many “versions” of the app, and thus saturating the history/memory.

1 Like