Basic vs Reserved capacity

Hello! I recently got a tender to create an app for a customer. I am not sure whether to create it under a personal or professional plan. I do not need any of the ‘professional’ features except maybe server capacity, in order to serve multiple users, as my customer is expecting many users to use the app, even though it is a very simple online shopping app.

I understand Bubble does not give a very clear definition, so anyone with successful apps able to chip in here? How many users can Bubble reliably support for ‘basic’ vs ‘3 reserved units’ of server capacity? Assuming the online shopping app mostly consists of small sized(~500kb) images, text, and has no complex workflows.

Thanks!

Bubble allows you to see the resources used in your app and use 3 credits for one hour. With this information, you will be able to know the impact and simulated users to know the maximum number of simultaneous users.

As you mentioned, how many users can quickly engage on a web page with little content? My instinctive unscientific answer would be between 100 and 1000. I have not seen any in-depth research on the subject at this time.

Thanks @JohnMark. Could you explain how to simulate users? What i understand is the boost increases capacity but there is no option to stress test the app. Is there any other tool i can rely on to simulate users?

Also, is 100 - 1000 for personal, without boost? Or is it with 3 units of reserved capacity?

Google search : web performance test multiple users:

Here is an article to set 50k users:

I suggest this experiment. Refresh your browser several times during a period of 2 or 3 minutes, and look at the effect on the capacity. Also, stay on the desired page, and makes a repeated request for info. Evaluate results. Again, this method is not accurate, so I suggest trying it in an hour block where Bubble is a little more at rest (between 11pm and 6am EST).

1 Like