Better Uploader [UPDATED 2023] ☁️

Hi Jonah,
thank you for the plug in, i’m having an issue with the deleting from selected. when clicking on the x other images get deleted, not the one above the x.
i tried to use the plug in page to test and it happened the same, anything you can suggest?

Hey Marco,

thanks for reaching out. It’s a known issue that I still need to resolve. I haven’t had the time to fix this bug yet. I will update the forum the moment this issue is fixed.

Thank you!

1 Like

oh thank you!
apologies, i tried to read as much as possible in this thread, but there’s so much and i must have missed it.
will wait for the solution, thank you!

Thank you for your patience. I will probably create a new post marked [UPDATED 2024] once the new bug fixes and planned features have been implemented.

6 Likes

Hi everyone!
Does anyone know if we can compress pictures before uploading them with Better Uploader?
Cheers
Edouard

Hi Jonah,

Great work on this uploader. I am running into a situation where I uploaded a MOV file on Chrome, and the HTML5 video player cannot read (preview) the file. But when I uploaded the exact same file with Safari, the file was read without a problem. Could you shed some light on what the issue could be? Also, if you have a solution for it?

Thanks,

Grady

1 Like

Hi Jonah @jonah.deleseleuc ,

Thanks for this plugin.

There is one query which is highly crucial to solve:

• The Application I am currently working on requires strong ‘GDPR Compliances’ to be followed

Here is the Question: Does ‘Send file(s) to cloud’ action sends files to any place other than bubble file storage? With this action, where actually you are sending the file?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anish

1 Like

This is a question that should be asked directly to the bubble team. This plugin is simply an extension of the default bubble uploading system

All the best

2 Likes

Thanks @jonah.deleseleuc ! I appreciate your reply.

Hi Jonah!

Appreciate your work man. Was the ability to upload folder removed or am I encountering a bug? I can’t seem to upload folders, but individual files and batches of files (multiple) go through just fine.

1 Like

Property contains circular reference to this element

What does this mean? Why do I get this error?

Hello! First of all, thanks for the plugin, it is really amazing.

I have an issue trying to upload files larger than 300 MB, they simply don’t trigger anything as it seems. I tried to update chrome as mentioned above, with no success, tried to use Edge aswell and got the same result. Is there a way to fix it? The console shows the following:

Thanks in advance

Update: managed to fix it by duplicating the plugin and getting rid of base64 encoding.

1 Like

Is it possible to compress images before sending to db?

1 Like

you can :slight_smile: [Feature Request] Multi-Image: Compress Before Upload - #13 by jonah.deleseleuc using cloud companion

One thing I have found is make sure you ensure filtypes are images when compressing… or you can get some odd behaviour (in my case I didnt restrict it and Pdfs were put through the compressor and this obviously failed).

2 Likes

UPDATE 5.6.0

Better Uploader now supports previewing HEIC or HEIF files on the page before uploading it to the cloud. Up until yesterday, the Raw Data exposed state wasn’t working for HEIC file types because most browsers don’t support them. Better Uploader now automatically detects if the file is HEIC or HEIF and converts it to a compatible file type. In case you forgot how to preview images on your webpage before sending them to the server, I made a quick video explaining how:

Have fun bubbling!

@mudtowncleaning @lennois

2 Likes

Hey @jonah.deleseleuc great stuff!
Is there a way to send to database and save to bubble in a single action/workflow? If yes can you show a example?

1 Like

Yes you can. You can set up an event ‘a better uploader has a file’ (or something like that, I forgot the name) and trigger the upload action in that event. So when the user selects a file, the file gets uploaded right away

Can you elaborate on how you fixed this please? Same issue here