Blog URL structure

Absent a plugin and staying away from SPA for SEO reasons, is there any way to provide a sensical structure to a site with a complimentary blog?

Whether that is a subdomain of the main app (blog.app.com) or mimicking a folder structure (www.app.com/blog/engaging name)?

Or is every blog basically handcuffed as an individual page in the base of the URL structure?

Thanks!

Hi, in Bubble, the blog url would be… sitename/blogpagename/blogentryname.

“Blogpagename” would be the page you create to display a blog entry’s content.

Then when Bubble loads a blog entry into that page, it adds the blog’s slug… Blogentryname.

Bubble will also generate a sitemap dynamically.

Note though that people who are super serious about maxing SEO sometimes will use another platform like Webflow to hold a public facing blog. Search the forum for SEO and you’ll see discussions on why.

1 Like

Thanks! is it possible to make “blogpagename” static or it always going to have to be unique (what I assume we are stuck with). So blog1/home(slug) blog2/fancyname(slug)

You’re welcome, but not sure I understand your question… blogpagename is whatever you name the page when you create it in Bubble. It is therefore static (it can only be changed when you go into the Bubble builder and manually change it and redeploy the app). Blogentryname is dynamic – when you create a blog entry in the database, you can set the slug (per SEO best practices to have the blog entry title reflected in the page URL).

In my site, my blog pages look like…

Sitename.com/article/name-of-blog-article
Sitename.com/article/name-of-another-blog-article

And so on.

What I am stuck on is I want it to always say “article” or in my case “blog” before the slug / article name.

so
sitename.com/blog/bestpeperoni-for-pizza
sitename.com/blog/canned-or-fresh-mushrooms
sitename.com/blog/what-is-pizza-really

Yep, that is how Bubble handles it.

Though your page that lists the blog titles/summaries would be a different page name (since the page with the blog entry has its own page name, “blog” in your example).

Try playing around with it in Bubble and it will be clearer.

1 Like