Bubble.io Rate limited by OpenAI DALLe

Hey there, we are many users that are having problems making API calls from OpenAI to our Bubble app via. the API Connector.

I’ve digged and it seems that Bubble.io are making the same calls from one server which makes this problem inevitable.

Any solutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated. You could possibly run the call outside of bubble and Post it via. the connector. But, if many does this, the rate limiting will become a thing again. This is a endless cycle unless the limit roof is raised or the calls are being made from different servers/hosts.

6 Likes

Hello there, same problem for me! I hope bubble.io can fix this soon, my website just went live on friday and it uses the dall-e 3 api so there goes my successful launch :sob:

4 Likes

Same problem. Please help Bubble

3 Likes

Same issue here, would greatly appreciate a solution, currently having to send my calls through a separate service before reaching OpenAI (DALL-E 3) which slows down the user experience and adds extra cost.

4 Likes

Yeah, Bubble needs to get in touch with OpenAI but doubt that’ll happen at a speed that’s useful. This is an OpenAI limit, not Bubble.

You can either make the API calls client side (which is fine if the API key is provided by the user, but not if your site uses one API key), or set up a request forwarder.

That could be a simple Cloud Function/Lambda function that forwards any request you send it to the correct place and returns the result.

ChatGPT/Claude 3 Opus will write the above for you fairly easily.

3 Likes

Same happening here. Bubble, you realize these are commercial websites, correct? This should be a level 1 response from your team.

2 Likes

im having the same issue. can’t generate any images, and my app is basically built around the DALLE api. this sucks!

1 Like

It’s not technically Bubble’s fault… It’s OpenAI…

1 Like

bc they’ve rate limited bubble?

1 Like

Yes, they’ve rate limited the requests per server and Bubble apps share one server hence the limit across Bubble apps.

1 Like

how long do you think this will take to resolve? should i wait it out or look for a quick workaround like using pipedream or something?

1 Like

Maybe their fault is to rate-limit a single server even if that server makes the calls with different API keys. Different API keys should mean some flexibility for who can call what and how many times. Technically, all legit keys.

3 Likes

I think get in touch with openAI customer support as the customer and explain the situation.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I just want to make sure it’s clearly stated that this is a work stoppage situation and needs immediate attention from both sides.

3 Likes

tried that yesterday but their customer support is literally just chatGPT lmao

1 Like

They try to hide the real person support as deep as possible. Maybe dig more. Or consistently ask to talk to a real person.

2 Likes

will do!

don’t you love how they end the response with “if you have more info, share it with us” and then it ends the conversation so you can’t reply?

2 Likes

Same issue, this needs resolved.

2 Likes

So, theoretically, they could hit a rate limit on ChatGPT too, right? Is EVERYTHING on one server?

Imagine the screaming and chaos if that happens. And of course, it would be addressed a lot sooner too. But if there’s potential for Chat to be rate limited, perhaps the fear of what could potentially happen might prompt some action.

2 Likes