Bubble Status Variable/Plugin for Automated Warnings

With the recent AWS downtime, and therefore Bubble downtime, I got to thinking. It would be great to have an automated variable built into our apps that dynamically represents the status of Bubble’s servers. This would be extremely useful for automatically detecting downtime and showing a popup warning users of the issue. If this exists, I couldn’t find it…

1 Like

@josh - Just now coming back to bubble after a while. I was looking through my old topics and I believe this might be one of the most helpful ideas I’ve had for a simple solution that would have a major impact on Bubble users. Please consider this!

As stated in September of 2021, a Bubble Variable such a “Bubble Status” would be great to display a specific screen. If an outage means that even this specific screen would not be available, then having a static page for each app for when an outage occurs would be fantastic. Maybe these static pages are stored on alternative servers… Not sure how to accomplish this, but it would solve a major issue!

On the Bubble status page you can enable webhooks so it sends data to your app when an issue comes up:

I feel like somehow that could be incorporated. Maybe a dummy Thing that has "Is Sengrid down (yes/no) Is Imgix down (yes/no) and the webhook sets each one based off of the data coming in.

Then your onscreen elements are visible if one of those fields is “yes”

2 Likes