đŸ—ș Bubble's Google Map Extender - New Plugin from Zeroqode

@samudzi

Thank you very for checking the KML file. Our team will inspect your app to find out the cause of the issue. We will keep you posted.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

@samudzi

Our team has checked your application. We noticed that you are using a custom map, unfortunately, we cannot ensure compatibility with other maps. The plugin is designed to work only with the default Bubble map. On the test page of your app was added Map Extender linked to the default map. As you can see the kml file provided by you is displaying properly. Please try to use the default map.

Hope this is a suitable solution for you.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hello @ryan16,

We have updated the plugin and now it is possible to use custom designs. Please update the plugin to the latest version to have acces to added functionality.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Your response time to feature requests has been quite admirable!

Thanks.

ah ok. It seems to work fine now, but we have noticed some occasional inconsistent behaviors.

The reason we are using a custom map plugin is that we wish to be able to toggle google maps’ transit and bike lanes layers. Is that a feature you could implement in the plugin?

Hello @samudzi

Can you please provide more details what kind of inconsistencies you’ve encountered so we could check this.
Thanks. :pray:

I’m afraid this is not, as for the plugin requires Bubble’s map element only.
Sorry.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

The inconsistencies we have seen are primarily how long I need to set the pause before the kml layer loads on the initial page load. I had it initially set to 500ms, which worked sometimes, but sometimes did not (ie it would always work when debug mode was on, but then maybe 60% of the time when it was off). I finally set it up to 2s, and that seems to work more consistently.

1 Like

Hi,

I receive the following error when using the “Add Marker(s)” workflow function.

Capture

I am happy the data is the right type, since I am adding a list of geographical locations (Bubble data type) which worked fine on the vanilla Bubble map.

The plugin is also correctly linked to Map via element ID.

Tbh I only got the plugin for the KML upload functionality. Is there a way I can continue to handle marker manipulation through the default Bubble Map, or does the plugin override all of that? My understanding was that this “extends” the default functionality rather than overrides it.

Thanks
Rob.

Hello, thanks for reaching out! Let us check this out and get back to you ASAP.
Best regards, Vitalie.

Hello again,
The add marker function now works as supposed, please try it now and tell us if it worked.
Regarding the question about why it does override the default map, it is the plugin idea is to be used with a Bubble map element in concordance, however, the plugin does not interact with Bubble Map element, states, actions/events since it can not access it!
The plugin will re-render the map with its configuration proprieties, with new actions/events.
Thanks for understanding. :pray:

@levon @ZeroqodeSupport

1. Am I able to do a real time - turn by turn GPS navigation system using this plugin?

2. If I want to use the live tracking feature of this plugin, does the tracking still work if the web-app is not open in the browser?

Hi @joshdaman.duckworth,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, this plugin doesn’t implement the turn by turn functionality similar to a real GPS system, but it does implement live tracking functionality and it’s possible to draw routes on the map. However, even with these features implemented, it might not be that easy to build a turn by turn navigation system at your own.

Unfortunately, it is only possible to use the plugin when the web app is open in your browser.

Alternatively, we can recommend you check our GPS Live Geo Tracking plugin. Please check its demo and editor as well, so you can see whether it satisfies your needs.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks for your reply! Does the GPS Live Geo Tracking plugin track the users if the Web App is not active on the screen ? (it is in the background)

Thanks in advance

Hi @joshdaman.duckworth,

Well it really depends on what means to run it in the background. If you run the application on mobile, you can press the home button so it’s not active on the screen, but when you open it back (without actually killing the browser app process) - it will update the position on map. The same thing in a desktop browser - the web app has to be up and running, but you can minimize the window or work in a different tab, but just make sure to allow access to your current location, so it will be able to track. Please test the demo, even with these use cases, so you can understand whether it fits your needs, before actually purchasing.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Would it be possible to allow us to open the route in Google Maps for turn by turn directions? It would help a lot.

Hi, @jcjags63!

Thanks for reaching out!

Let us check this out and we’ll get back to you asap. Thanks for understanding!

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks! My app is fully functional it’s just being able to use the directions once they’re generated rather than have the driver input each address manually would help a ton.

Hi, @jcjags63!

So, currently, the plugin allows you to create a route from an initial position to destination with waypoints rather than turn-by-turn directions. However, we have taken your feedback regarding this feature for future updates. Apologies for the inconvenience. As a workaround, you may take a look at our Mapbox plugin that includes this opportunity.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks for the feedback, I am looking at the Mapbox plugin and I do see turn by turn directions however would it be possible for a user to open the route in Google Maps on their phone using those generated directions? This would save some time without having to develop a mobile app for navigation. Thanks!

Hi, @jcjags63!

Let us clarify here a bit: do you mean would it be possible to use turn-by-turn direction generated in Mapbox plugin on the Google map? If so, then, unfortunately, it won’t be possible. You may use turn-by-turn direction only on Mapbox map. If you have meant something else, please explain here to help you better.

Best,
Zeroqode Team