Building a dynamic tree list

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how to build a dynamic ‘tree list’ as shown in the image below…

So a repeating group in which the number of repeating elements is determined by the length of the user’s list. One where one cell is initially presented, then on enter the second cell is created and so on…

Would it be possible to indent/undent cells using tab/shift+tab?

Thank you so much for your time! :slight_smile:

I’ve never tried, but maybe this will help: Air Keyboard Shortcut Plugin | Bubble ?

Yes, you could make a cascade of repeating groups with repeating groups inside of it. Is there a limit to how many branches a user could create?

I ask because the way I picture it in my head, you would have to build all the different branches. I can’t think of a way that you could do it infinite. (I’m also wondering if you would ever want to allow that).

The way I would do it is to put RG inside of RG inside of RG. In the database, you would have to link child-parent. I would make the children point to the parent (and not have the parent have a list of children).

RG with items

• root item
    • child item RG
    • child item
      • child item RG
      • … and on and on

Thank you for the response Rico!

So I think 4 levels would be enough to start with.

The repeating group within another makes sense to build a pre-set structure.

However, I’m not sure how to build such that the user can build this tree list dynamically… like workflowy or other such outlining apps. Would that even be possible on bubble?

Thank you again for your time! :slight_smile:

Something like this:

Editor
Demo

Thanks you Rico!

I checked out the editor demo - and I can’t edit any of the text. Is that because of read only permission?

And I noticed you were using the slug data type to get it to work… does that restrict the input to only lowercase text without special characters?

Thank you so much for your time! :slight_smile:

I’ve made it editable now. (I was just afraid of making it completely open at first and then having it broken before you could check it out).

I only used the slug because that was the laziest approach. No need to create any new fields. Any other fields should work.

Hi Rico, Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Please bear with me as I’m new to this!

Looking at your app link, where does the menu setup data feature in the design view? I don’t understand how the 1 RG is rendering multiple views.

Thank you so much again! :slight_smile:

Hi, @rico.trevisan ! How to do an andless sublevels?

Hi! Has anyone figured this out yet?

Hi @rico.trevisan, congrats for the great solution. How could we apply it to the New Responsive Engine, since the property “Layout Style” is not present anymore ?

Oh, I missed these questions. I’ll put a little demo together soon.