Buy A Beer For A Problem Solved?

The Bubble Forum is great for me because I’m learning how Bubble works and I come to the forum to solve a problem and somebody solves it for free.

Now my problems to the person who solves it may be quite simple but to me it is a EUREKA moment as I learn something new that to my mind is worth buying the person a beer.

My idea would be to put a ‘Tip jar’ against the response that solves the problem eg: $10, $20 etc so that the guys and guyesses who solve the problem get a feel for some of good they have just done for us.

Al.

8 Likes

I know many good folks here that would get very tipsy out of this great idea! :wink:

1 Like

Is adding donation links against forum rules? If not, you can always add it yourself.

1 Like

Man, if that was implemented I might just focus full time on answering questions. There have been some more appreciative people who have asked how to tip after receiving help that solved an issue, but if Bubble Forum made it so that once the user has selected the reply as a ‘solution’ a tip the responder popup that may help motivate others to tip, but in my experience most people don’t mark responses as solutions and just reply with a thank you and explanation that the response solved their issue.

7 Likes

if @mikeloc received a beer for every solution, he would have problems with alcohol addiction :grinning:

11 Likes

At that point, I wouldn’t even worry about Mike getting addicted. His kidneys would need more attention :laughing:

4 Likes

Ugh. Super annoying. I moderate another nocode platforms forum and regularly mark posts as solved and mark solutions. Been really helpful imo.

Maybe if there was more incentive for these users to click solve, somehow someway, they would do it. Maybe if a forum admin set a precedent others would follow??

6 Likes

It definitely is as when searching the forum for topics when in need of learning a working approach, seeing the ‘solved’ and checkmark next to them helps to reduce time clicking into threads with no solutions or no responses. At times I requested users who did not mark a solution to do so, so as to help others in the future identify threads that have a solution.

2 Likes

Could be a drinking game: How many solutions can you provide in one sitting if you have to drink a beer after each one.
I don’t recommend this and I don’t think particularly helpuful solutions would come out of this :sweat_smile:

Jokes aside, I agree that it’s a problem that a lot of solutions do not get marked as solutions. Not only does it make it harder for people to find solved topics at a later date, but it can also discourage people from posting solutions.

I’m surprised that the Discourse forums have never tackled this issue before, considering it’s pretty much the entirety of their business.
Are mods allowed to mark answers as solutions manually?

3 Likes