Calendar / Date Functions

Would anybody else benefit from dynamic date options such as:

-Today
-Yesterday
-Tomorrow
-In One Week

Still struggling to use “current date/time” as that’s not a true “Today” option

3 Likes

Not sure of the use case but you can describe all those with functions. What exactly are you trying to do?

Something like this https://forum_app2.bubbleapps.io/version-test/dates?debug_mode=true

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions. You can use three different text boxes to get the formatting more precisely. All I did was the “+days” date modification and the “formatted as” and “custom” formats. You can format the day/time however you want.

3 Likes

My use case would be a dynamic report along the lines of: “Widgets Created Yesterday: 5”

Hope this can help.

2 Likes

It seems when I do this, it’s looking for both the date and time to match, not just the date. If I try to change the format to just mm/dd/yyyy it considers that a text field and no longer a date field and throws errors. My only work around is to create separate month date and year fields and use the extraction function, but it’s a major time and resource drain.

1 Like

This list now only displays Fruit made in the last 24 hours. Is this getting closer to what you need? I think there may be a way to do it with date intervals as well, but I have no experience with those.

You could then add the search results into a list, and count the items in the list to get the number you are shooting for.

Thanks… That will indeed give a 24 hour window, but I’m looking for just actual calendar date. My workaround now:

When a record is created:

And then to get a count of say records made today only:

It’d be a lot easier of date formated as mm/dd/yyyy could be used as a date field and not text and we could search for relative days or months in the past or future rather than 24 hour windows.

1 Like

Agree. For non-coders to use date functionality in a conditional way is very challenging. Some low-code platforms use your above suggestion. As an example Podio which some advanced users consider it as a low-code platform.