Can I add the new parenthesis feature in a Workflow?

I just enabled the new parentheses feature because I want to do the following formula in a workflow:

I would like it to look like “20 - (3*6)” because right now it’s doing 20 - 3, then multiplying by 6.
Am I missing something or can I not add parentheses in Workflows with this update?

These little tic marks:

Are supposed to replace the parenthesis, but also are supposed to work the same way as the parenthesis do… based on the tic marks I see in your expression I would expect it to work the way you need (20 - (3*6)) so there seems to be an issue with how the order of operations are being executed. Anyone else have any ideas for how to force the correct order?

1 Like

After staring at it for 60 seconds this is what I thought the expression would do :woozy_face: Maybe it’s not a very helpful answer but just use the old expression composer with the parentheses experimental feature enabled.

2 Likes

Switching back to the old expression composer then switching back the new one fixed it for some reason. Is there a way to edit those ticks if I did want it a different way? Or is that system generated?

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

1 Like

To my knowledge the tics are supposed to act just like the experimental parentheses… so this may be a bug.

@grace.hong do you mind taking a look at this thread/ advising?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.