Can i display i group of data from database without using repeating group

i want to display a post the image and the comment under the post but i dont like the way the repeating group is displaying the data so i want to use just group instead where i can display each individual row of the database content in just one group at a time but it is giving an error that am referring to a list of post… how can i make it possiple to display this in a group?

You can do item #1 item #2 so forth.

Also, repeating groups are very customizable, what are you not happy with?

the scrolling effect is not suitable for me i would prefer single group display and my whole app should scroll with the screen not just the list scrolling… i will try the method will get back to you thank you

That’s possible with RG’s just choose Ext. vertical scrolling or Full list.

i tried it and it worked so well. you are the best

but i have another issue i would like you to help me with… i have successfully created the other one but now i need to be able to display multiple comment from the database but i have been able to replay existing comment and not create a new one under a post please how can i store multiple comment and retrieve them accordingly

If you are looking to create comments on a post, It’s certainly possible. This is something I have done in my own app.

I’m not sure what your app looks like, but basically when you create a new comment you attach it to the post’s list of comments.

Then you put the data source as that list of comments.

When send is clicked:

1 Like

ohhh wow i get let me try it out i will get back to you

so i will create another repeating group inside the first repeating group and create another field that is list of comment ?

That’s only if you want replies to comments like me. I suggest you try to make comments only first. To make sure you master that first.

sorry to bother you but i cant seem to get the data base part can i see how you configured your fields

@princetoby818 Sure I can share with you my editor. I’ll send you a direct message. I’ll also help you set it up more if you need to.

Please mark this thread as solved as the original problem seems to have been solved.

If you are wondering about something else, feel free to create a new thread.

Regards,
Øystein