Canonical URL for SEO

I have a search results page, which uses params to query the db, as I couldn’t figure out a way to have a real url for each earch result e.g. /{location}/{style} (this is a separate issue, but please let me know if I can refactor it so it works that way!)

For my search results page, the ‘Point URLs to primary domain for better SEO’ is currently ignoring the params of the page, but the canonical url is ignoring the params
<link rel="canonical" href="https://martialprogress.com/search_results" />

How can I add the params into the href link, or remove the canonical url for the search results page only?

That’s simple enough to do…

Just add the category names (or unique IDs to the URL as paths when navigating to the page), then read them using Get Data from URL, Path Segment As List…

How can I add the params into the href link, or remove the canonical url for the search results page only?

I’m not entirely sure I understand exactly what the rest of your question is asking…

But if you don’t want to use the Bubble defined canonical URLs across your app, then you’re better off turning them off and adding your own canonical tags on a page-by-page basis to the page html header yourself for each page.

(Although you’re much better off using URL paths for content rather than query parameters anyway, then the Bubble defined canonicals will work just fine)…

How can you disable bubble’s canonical tag?

Uncheck the ‘Point URLs to primary domain for better SEO’ box on the SEO tab of you app settings.

But I guess that will do more than only hide the canonical tag, right?

Such as?

Don’t know, but for me the title of that checkbox indicates that there is something done in the background. Never thought about that it is (only) about the canonical tag.
But thanks for the hint, gonna try that out!

The manual explains pretty clearly what it does…

Yes and no. The docs talk about the option "Enable canonical url ". So maybe they just forgot to rename it in the app.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.