Change Password Workflow

Please pick a subcategory to help organize the information. Thanks!

Also, the more context you provide with your questions (screenshots, link to an open app, etc.), the more likely you’ll get good help quickly :slight_smile:

Hello,

How can I setup a workflow to change a users password?

You will need to create a new api endpoint in “Backend Workflows” and you would use that to change the users credentials. Make sure your api endpoint has (2) parameters (user, oldpassword)

@shawnmi6 why would you go through the trouble of using an API workflow here?
@samhouston1107 you can just use the Update the user’s credentials action when the ‘Change password’ button is clicked

Ambroise

Need extra help?

Book a free 15 minutes call - happy to help if I can

2 Likes

@ambroisedlg if the user is not logged in, then running the front end workflow will not work. Using the backend workflows will work regardless.

@shawnmi6 I would agree, and don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan of API workflows, although for that particular use case the User is the only one to know his password, therefore there are no situations where the user wouldn’t be logged in when changing it

Ambroise

Need extra help?

Book a free 15 minutes call - happy to help if I can

@ambroisedlg the thought process behind using the api workflow is directly connected to the architecture method (microservices). I normally would build a single microservice in the backend and use that throughout the app. I find it easier to maintain.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.