Chat - conversation creation

I’m trying to create a conversation from a page when the user clicks this button to create the conversation I want it to be redirected to another page with this conversation already created. But I’m not able to do that, because when I try to send the data of the current cell, it asks for information infinitely, even though I’m sending the data of the current cell to the other page. I had to do it in another unintuitive way, where the person is just redirected to the page and there she would have to type the user name and then click on create conversation. I’ll leave some prints below of how it is currently, and after I go I wanted it to be.
If there is anyone who can help me I would be grateful.

how is it in practice

Frist page

Second page

Now how I want it to be

Frist page

Second

Hmmm perhaps there is a small issue with your original workflow / the setup of the page where you are redirecting people to.

If you’re confident the workflow is otherwise set up correctly, have you set the content type of the target page correctly?

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

The second page should have data source: Conversation
and when in the first page user click the button you send data :Current cell’s Conversation.

Also be careful with Privacy using this method when make visible data in the second page via “data send” (add conditions)

yes I sent the data to the next page, as you can see in the first print

But even doing that, it keeps appearing to fill more data in the current cell infinitely.

Hmm it’s still a bit hard to see exactly what is happening here. But some observations

1. Seeing that you have 69 outstanding issues gives me anxiety on your behalf :laughing:. I always recommend keeping that clear so you can easily troubleshoot any new errors that pop up. You also won’t be able to deploy your project live until they’re all cleared.

2. The ‘go to’ page action should always be last. So you should be creating the conversation first. This will probably contribute to, but not totally solve the current issue, but it would be two of your 69 issues.

3. In the first screenshot it looks like you’re sending a list of something to the next page, which looks like a list of users? Wouldn’t you set the page type to conversation and send the conversation that you’ve just created (currently your step 3 in the workflow that should be step 1). So the data you send would be “Result of step 1…”

4. In the second screenshot it looks like you’re adding a list of users to a list of users, but using the add function. You’d need to use the ‘add list’ function instead. This is why you’re getting an error because it’s looking for a single user, but you’re trying to add a list.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 12.15.18 pm

But again - I think if you clear those outstanding errors it’ll be easier to see this feedback as Bubble will tell you that it’s expecting x data and you’re trying to give it y etc.

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

Despite fixing all the errors and following your tips, he is still asking for more information, what I want is just to create a conversation based on the current user, which worked, and based on the current cell user on this list, but it continues to give mistake.

heelp

It’s a bit difficult to give a more detailed solution on this without having access to your app and looking over your database, seeing how everything is set up etc.

If you’d like you can book a call with me on my website and we can get this sorted

Josh @ Support Dept