Send data from a worflow to another page

Hello,

For a few days I’ve been stuck on a feature I want to add to my application.

Here are the details of the feature concerned:

On my application, users can book appointments with each other. When this has been done, a page with the appointment details is created (details_rdv).

In this page, I’d like to include contact details for both people, including a link to a video call.

I’m having a problem with this. I can’t transfer the appointment data to the “details_rdv” page. I have several databases with different information for each user:

• user database
  • video call" database containing the link to the video call and the users participating in the call (i.e. having booked an appointment).

I’ve read various topics about using the “send more parameters to the page” feature, but it doesn’t work …

Below is the worflow I created to create the details_rdv page and the visio call. As a reminder, I want to display the link in the details_rdv page.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

The “go to page” action always should be the last in any workflow, putting it as a first action like this should result in an error in the “issues” in your app.

You have actually a “go to page” action at the end of this workflow so why you added another one in the beginning? just delete it.

The last “go to page” action will give you access to the related video call in the following page, this video call actually includes references to the related users so you don’t need to include additional parameters for this.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

The “go to page” action is present in the first step of the workflow, because before creating the page, the workflow must check whether a page already exists.

When I go to the landing page, I can’t seem to reference the elements related to “video call”. Do you know how I can do this in the page?

The page is always there and waiting for the users since you created it in the editor, you create the page in your editor, then go to it (send the users to it) using workflow.

So “creating the page in the workflow” and “checking if the page exists” are wrong statements.

The “go to page” action doesn’t check anything, it just sends the user to a page you already created in your editor.

In your editor in the details_rdv page (that you have already created), you can access the page’s video call using Current page's video call since you have already set the video call as the Type of content of the page.

And since the video call data type have Users as a field, you can access this field using an expression like Current page's video call Users:first item.

hey @florianquisenaerts Can’t you just change logic a bit and save and extract values from database?

I actually understand what you’re saying a little better. I’ve done a lot of testing and mixed up a lot of features… For a while I tried to create a details_rdv page for each appointment, but it didn’t work.

I’ve managed to do what you’ve indicated, and I’d like to thank you for that, as I’d really started off in the wrong direction.

The last point I’m having trouble with is displaying the video call already in the database.

For example, when the user clicks on the button for the first time, it generates the video call link. If he clicks on the button a second time, it generates a new link :frowning:

In my “video call” database, I’ve added the two users participating in each video call. However, actually I can only display the links containing the Current User and not the one containing the two users.

This isn’t a good thing because it’s quite possible that a user has several video calls with other users, so this may display the wrong link to the wrong person.

I managed to do this with my old method (which wasn’t as correct as you say). Do you have any tips on how to do this?

Once again, thank you for your time

if you made a workflow that includes an action that creates a link when a button is clicked, a new link will be created whenever the button is clicked, If you want only one link created, then you need to add a condition in the Only when filed of the button clicking event to prevent the execution of the workflow when the count the links is 1.

If you want to display a list of video calls of which the Users field contains the current user, you should be able to do that using the constraints of the do a search for.

Hello,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the late reply, I ran a few tests and I almost succeeded.

Following your instructions, I added a condition “Only when” on my workflow :

I have a condition only when exactly the same on another feature of my application and it works perfectly.

Here, in the case of the screenshot, it doesn’t work. It creates a new video call every time.

This time, I really don’t understand why… any thoughts on this?

Try search for video calls:first item is empty
So if it is empty, this means that there no video calls that match the constraints, so the action will create one.

Hello @salemmo409, thank you it’s working perfectly.

I am deeply grateful for your advice!

You are welcome, and for less WU consumption I suggest reading this: