Checkboxes in repeating group are not clickable only in some cells!

Hi! I could really use some help :slight_smile:

I have a repeating group which functions as a checklist, with text and a checkbox in each cell. For some reason, only some of the cells’ checkboxes are clickable. Please see the screenshot below. The checkboxes which are checked in the screenshot are the only ones that are responsive at all. I created a condition on the checkbox so that when you hover over the checkbox, the box has a shadow, and the checkboxes which aren’t clickable also don’t react to the hovering!

I’ve done a fair amount of troubleshooting, for example looking at the data entries which are the data source for the cells to see if I can find some difference between the cells, and can’t find anything! Does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hi there, @xander… if the checkboxes aren’t even reacting to the hover, it makes me think that something is “blocking” them. It doesn’t make sense, of course, that something would be blocking those checkboxes and not the others, but it’s the first thing that comes to mind. Are there any other elements in the repeating group that could be getting in the way? It certainly wouldn’t hurt to try right clicking on the checkbox element and bringing it to the front.

Oh, and another thought… do you have any conditionals on the checkbox that make it unclickable in certain situations? I’m guessing you don’t, but again, it’s something that comes to mind.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike, thanks for your thoughts!!

I have already checked those two possibilities, making sure that the checkbox has been “brought to front” and doesn’t have any conditions that should prevent some checkboxes from being clicked.

I appreciate your time, thanks again for your thoughts Mike!!

1 Like

I’ve discovered that this has something to do with one of the parent groups that the repeating group belongs to–when I dragged the repeating group out of the tab element group, all of the checkboxes respond properly. I’m still not sure exactly where the issue is coming from, I’m continuing to poke around in the inspector of the parent groups within the tab element. More suggestions would be super helpful if anyone has any ideas!! Thanks :slight_smile:

I have solved this issue! For anyone else with a similar issue, my header was somehow “blocking” the checkboxes, even though I had already brought the repeating group to the front. Once I sent the header to the back, all the checkboxes worked as normal.

My tip for anyone else with a similar problem: run your app in the debug mode and use the inspector that shows what element you’re hovering over to see if something is in the way of what you want to click :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 69 days. New replies are no longer allowed.