[CLOSED] Create Floating Map Search Page for my App

Hi all,

Looking for a floating map search page exactly like this one here (Floating Map Search Page) created by @AirDev. Bubble’s floating group can’t be nested in a normal group so does not have the functionality shown in the above link.

Unfortunately AirDev does not allow you to drop pages/blocks in bubble apps that are not based on their Canvas framework.

If there is a simple way to achieve this please reach out, otherwise if complex I’m more than happy to pay $$$

Thanks
James

1 Like

So I wasn’t able to actually search anything on that page for some reason, so I’m not sure if I’m missing something…

But I think you might be getting distracted by the name of that element having floating in it.

I assume all you want to do is just have the map fill ~50% of the screen and dynamically resize as the screen size changes?

If your page is set to full width and you add a group with the container layout ‘row’. Can’t you just add in a map element and set the width to say 50% and the height to 100%?

Feel free to book some time with me (via my website) and we can run through this together if you’d like

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

Hi Josh,

Correct - I’m only looking to recreate the structure of the AirDev page. Unfortunately, setting the height to 100% only resizes the map up to a certain point. For example, when the browser’s height is minimised by 50% or less, the page has to scroll to capture the full length of the map. Whereas, in the AirDev page there is no scrolling regardless of the size/height of the browser.

Example here.

As you’ll see, when the browser’s height is minimised by < 50% the page scrolls, whereas in AirDev’s floating map page that is not the case. I’m not sure the latter can be achieved in native Bubble but correct me if I’m wrong.

Happy to pay for a out-of-box solution

Cheers
James

All you really need here is some custom CSS, of which you can use the test page as a guide.

If you wanted to book some time with me we can run through it together. If you’re not familiar with how to tweak CSS it might be good knowledge. I know I often rely on that to get elements to respond how I want.

Otherwise, you can just book some time with me and give me access to your app and I’ll do this async for you and send you a short video letting you know what I’ve done. Check out my website for more details

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter