Codeless phonegap not working

@natedogg i went through all the codeless academy process to publish with phonegap, but the phonegap build doesn’t work, the .zip file given its old an gives problem of phonegap 3.5. not supported, once i solved that the plugins are not up to date, the installed app produced a page full of text.

@natedogg can you update the .zip file?

@natedogg the .zip file you provided me fixed the plugin issues, but the result is the same, just a page full of text.

Where is page full of text you are referring to? Your log?
Does the red button “error” show up on the phonegap page? If so, what does the error say?
I’m also having difficulties…
@ccgcarrascosa @natedogg

there is no error building the app, but when i try to run the app, it loads the splash screen and then a page with just text. @ceciliabythesea63. at the beginning is normal for the iOS red error button to show up, it was a matter of selecting the key in the dropdown next to it.

what are the difficulties you are encountering?

i am going to start trying dropsource just as webview untill bubble offers something better, and it is going to be a long wait.

This is the issue I’m encountering:

And this is my build log ( I put in bold what the error says in the log) :

Build Date: 2018-02-19 20:36:14 -0800

PREPARE OUTPUT

Generating platform-specific config.xml from defaults for iOS at /private/project/Zoom Bloom/config.xml
Merging project’s config.xml into platform-specific iOS config.xml
Merging and updating files from [, …/…/…/…/private/project/platform_www] to …/…/…/…/private/project/www
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/codeless-ios-app
copy codeless-ios-app/icon.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/codeless-ios-app/icon.png (new file)
copy config.xml …/…/…/…/private/project/www/config.xml (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova-js-src
copy …/…/…/…/private/project/platform_www/cordova-js-src/exec.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova-js-src/exec.js (new file)
copy …/…/…/…/private/project/platform_www/cordova-js-src/platform.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova-js-src/platform.js (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova-js-src/plugin
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova-js-src/plugin/ios
copy …/…/…/…/private/project/platform_www/cordova-js-src/plugin/ios/console.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova-js-src/plugin/ios/console.js (new file)
copy …/…/…/…/private/project/platform_www/cordova-js-src/plugin/ios/logger.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova-js-src/plugin/ios/logger.js (new file)
copy …/…/…/…/private/project/platform_www/cordova.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/cordova.js (updated file)
copy css/index.css …/…/…/…/private/project/www/css/index.css (updated file)
copy img/logo.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/img/logo.png (updated file)
copy index.html …/…/…/…/private/project/www/index.html (updated file)
copy js/index.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/js/index.js (updated file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/android
copy res/icon/android/icon-36.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/android/icon-36.png (new file)
copy res/icon/android/icon-48.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/android/icon-48.png (new file)
copy res/icon/android/icon-72.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/android/icon-72.png (new file)
copy res/icon/android/icon-96.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/android/icon-96.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/bada
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/bada-wac
copy res/icon/bada-wac/icon-48-type5.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/bada-wac/icon-48-type5.png (new file)
copy res/icon/bada-wac/icon-50-type3.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/bada-wac/icon-50-type3.png (new file)
copy res/icon/bada-wac/icon-80-type4.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/bada-wac/icon-80-type4.png (new file)
copy res/icon/bada/icon-128.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/bada/icon-128.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/blackberry
copy res/icon/blackberry/icon-80.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/blackberry/icon-80.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/ios
copy res/icon/ios/Icon-120.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/ios/Icon-120.png (new file)
copy res/icon/ios/Icon-57.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/ios/Icon-57.png (new file)
copy res/icon/ios/Icon-72.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/ios/Icon-72.png (new file)
copy res/icon/ios/icon-57-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/ios/icon-57-2x.png (new file)
copy res/icon/ios/icon-72-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/ios/icon-72-2x.png (new file)
copy res/icon/ios/icon.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/ios/icon.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/tizen
copy res/icon/tizen/icon-128.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/tizen/icon-128.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/webos
copy res/icon/webos/icon-64.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/webos/icon-64.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/windows-phone
copy res/icon/windows-phone/icon-173-tile.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/windows-phone/icon-173-tile.png (new file)
copy res/icon/windows-phone/icon-48.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/windows-phone/icon-48.png (new file)
copy res/icon/windows-phone/icon-62-tile.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/icon/windows-phone/icon-62-tile.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android
copy res/screen/android/screen-hdpi-landscape.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-hdpi-landscape.png (new file)
copy res/screen/android/screen-hdpi-portrait.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-hdpi-portrait.png (new file)
copy res/screen/android/screen-ldpi-landscape.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-ldpi-landscape.png (new file)
copy res/screen/android/screen-ldpi-portrait.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-ldpi-portrait.png (new file)
copy res/screen/android/screen-mdpi-landscape.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-mdpi-landscape.png (new file)
copy res/screen/android/screen-mdpi-portrait.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-mdpi-portrait.png (new file)
copy res/screen/android/screen-xhdpi-landscape.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-xhdpi-landscape.png (new file)
copy res/screen/android/screen-xhdpi-portrait.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/android/screen-xhdpi-portrait.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/bada
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/bada-wac
copy res/screen/bada-wac/screen-type3.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/bada-wac/screen-type3.png (new file)
copy res/screen/bada-wac/screen-type4.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/bada-wac/screen-type4.png (new file)
copy res/screen/bada-wac/screen-type5.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/bada-wac/screen-type5.png (new file)
copy res/screen/bada/screen-portrait.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/bada/screen-portrait.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/blackberry
copy res/screen/blackberry/screen-225.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/blackberry/screen-225.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios
copy res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-landscape-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-landscape-2x.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-landscape.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-landscape.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-portrait-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-portrait-2x.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-portrait.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-ipad-portrait.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-landscape-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-landscape-2x.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-landscape.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-landscape.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait-2x.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait-568h-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait-568h-2x.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait-6-2x.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait-6-2x.png (new file)
copy res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/ios/screen-iphone-portrait.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/tizen
copy res/screen/tizen/README.md …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/tizen/README.md (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/webos
copy res/screen/webos/screen-64.png …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/webos/screen-64.png (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/windows-phone
copy res/screen/windows-phone/screen-portrait.jpg …/…/…/…/private/project/www/res/screen/windows-phone/screen-portrait.jpg (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec
copy spec.html …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec.html (new file)
copy spec/helper.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/helper.js (new file)
copy spec/index.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/index.js (new file)
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/lib
mkdir …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0
copy spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/MIT.LICENSE …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/MIT.LICENSE (new file)
copy spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/jasmine-html.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/jasmine-html.js (new file)
copy spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/jasmine.css …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/jasmine.css (new file)
copy spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/jasmine.js …/…/…/…/private/project/www/spec/lib/jasmine-1.2.0/jasmine.js (new file)
Current launch storyboard undefined
Not changing launch storyboard setting in info plist.
Wrote out iOS Bundle Identifier “co.zoombloom.demo” and iOS Bundle Version “1.0.0” to /private/project/Zoom Bloom/Zoom Bloom-Info.plist
No need to update build settings for launch storyboard support.
Set TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY to “1”.
Did not update build settings for launch storyboard support.
iOS Product Name has not changed (still “Zoom Bloom”)
Updating icons at …/…/…/…/private/project/Zoom Bloom/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset/
Error: Source path does not exist: res/icon/windows-phone/icon-173.png
at updatePathInternal (/private/project/cordova/node_modules/cordova-common/src/FileUpdater.js:145:19)
at /private/project/cordova/node_modules/cordova-common/src/FileUpdater.js:223:19
at Array.forEach (native)
at Object.updatePaths (/private/project/cordova/node_modules/cordova-common/src/FileUpdater.js:221:33)
at updateIcons (/private/project/cordova/lib/prepare.js:382:17)
at /private/project/cordova/lib/prepare.js:62:13
at _fulfilled (/private/project/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:854:54)
at self.promiseDispatch.done (/private/project/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:883:30)
at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/private/project/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:816:13)
at /private/project/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:570:49

I’m not sure why there’s an error for a windows icon… I am only submitting to the iOS store. thanks so much for any insight. @natedogg @ccgcarrascosa

Sorry, I don’t know how to code, i can not help you with that

I gave up on the native app o bubble, because it is a dead end, a poor workaround, phone gap, web wrappers etc. I created my app with the native app in mind, hiding and showing groups as bubble told you to do, and once i finished the app i contacted bubble as they tell us to do, they send me a .zip file out of date, not supported by phonegap, when i told that to bubble they answered me that the file was a courtesy and told me to ask on the forum. I did the codeless academy course, which was very helpful regarding the certificates process of IOS and end up with the same old .zip (i believe this course is helpful and for me worth the money), when i told the codeless academy about the problem, they update the .zip and sent it to me. The app was built but not working. the wwent to the codefree startup just for the .zip and phonegap they were using a web wrapper for android. i am really dissapointed with the support of native apps on bubble. There is nothing more than a workaround, i gave up. I am learning dropsource, for native apps, it isn’t dificult, the support is great but is was not created for people like me with no code background. bubble is awesome but forget about native apps. That simple.
That is my experience and feelings about native apps on bubble, you just don’t advance.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.