Collapse width of a group when hidden

Agreed. A conditional statement should allow the same behavior. In my case I’m trying to do this not when reaching a certain width threshold, but rather on a certain state. My secondary view collapses the sidebar and thus the right pane should shift over.

Hi, did anyone find a solution to collapse width of a group when hidden ?

2 Likes

How do you do this exactly?

Also, this never-ending issue seems to come back for a lot of people. It is still unclear what is a reasonable solution to this.

+1 Please. Even a checkmark for collapse width when hidden would fix this.

4 Likes

+1, looking for a solution as well.

1 Like

@Bubble we’d really like some feedback/follow up on that kind of things

2 Likes

It’s amazing how @Bubble @team keeps ignoring a topic that’s been around and requested for four years.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t some css work? like

<style>
#element{
Display:none
}
</style>

I just read everything about the responsive editor and its working, when you want to hide a group depending on the screen size.

Don’t hide a group with conditionals, go the responsive editor and add a hiding rule to the group you want. you will already see it in the little preview in the responsive editor that the width of the element is collapsed!

Also i’ve read in this forum that maybe in Q2 a new responsive editor will come, which will change a lot and hopefully make things like that easier.

3 Likes

still no solution from @Bubble since 5 years?

3 Likes

I can confirm that using hiding rules and not conditions will collapse an elements width. To make it hide correctly, remember that the parent container to the element must NOT be fixed width otherwise nothing will happen.

2 Likes

This is the solution that everyone is looking for and it’s intuitive.

2 Likes

Nowadays, an interactive change of width is absolutely necessary. Why @bubble_development doesn’t give feedback after 5 years of questions?

1 Like

New solutions? CSS? Keep Up this Topic!

I’d like to +1up this too!

+1 Up as well. This seems like an important feature especially when you think about importing Figma files with horizontal auto-layouts.

Bubble is coming up with a new responsive engine. This will hopefully be resolved then

1 Like

And it is indeed resolved with the new responsive engine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you tell us how you did it with the responsive engine?

How? I don’t see this as resolved.