Collapsing group not working

Hey everyone, I’m having some issues getting a group to collapse! I’ve done this throughout the rest of my app and for the life of me cannot figure out why this one isn’t working.

I’m not sure the best way to show it because sharing a link unfortunately is not an option (it’s a client project with sensitive data), so I’ll do my best to explain.

Here’s the group hierarchy:

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 4.50.53 PM

When the element “Button show menu” is clicked, I want the element “Group MenuItems container” to hide & collapse. I’ve managed to get the element to hide, but there is still this whitespace that is lingering around. Any ideas? I have a feeling it has to do with margins or something but all of the margins are at 0px so I’m not sure what’s happening.

I’m not sure if this is helpful but here’s a glimpse at the UI editor:

Hi there @cstudio,

If you’re using a group, there should be a “Collapse while hidden” feature.

Hey Johnny, thanks for your reply. I already have that enabled on the element “Group MenuItems container” but it’s not actually collapsing. Any other ideas?

Is there something below that group?

Or is it inside another group, and you are inadvertently collapsing the inner group not the outer?

1 Like

Thanks to both of you for chiming in to help! Unfortunately neither of those are the case!

Here’s another screenshot showing the collapse setting on the correct group:

Inside the group is a repeating group – do the settings of that come into play at all? Here is how the repeating group (which lives inside the container I’m trying to collapse) is set up:

In the debugging mode, move mouse over that white space and see what’s actually going on in there in the bottom right corner

Well that’s the thing @maheshkasindi , there’s nothing there!