Content needs to change based off user location/selection

Hello Bubble community.

I’m building a website and need some of the content to change based on the user’s location for regulatory reasons. Items such as Button links, text, language and images. For this, I was attempting to add a dropdown within the header for the user to select the region they were in with the default being there country based on their IP or geolocation.

I wanted to have both a popup on page load as well as a field within the header and then I would go into each text/image element and change the conditional state for when the user is recognized in a particular country or they have selected a specific county.

The issue I ran into is that I can’t reference the header (more importantly the specific dropdown to select the region) within the HEADER when I’m attempting to change content on a webpage through the use of bubbles “conditional” oscillator. A workaround I found was to move the dropdown “region selection” onto the page (but I feel like this isn’t the best way) also when the user makes a change to the “selected region” it doesn’t transfer to the other pages so the user would have to do this every time they visit a new page.

Any thoughts?

I suggest you to set a thing on the header like User
And update Current user to store data about location and region selection. After that, you can use this for your conditionnal.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.