Convert Bubble apps to mobile Application

What is your opinion now, after 2 years?

The same, hasnā€™t changed!

Iā€™ve checked ā€œBest Thunkable X apps of 2018/2019ā€. It seems they are also not great enough. Iā€™ve created a topic to talk about web wrappers, fill free to join

The best apps will be better during the coming year for thunkable, they have released some nice updates. Itā€™s not the same as bubble but you can create some nice things. Theyā€™ve come a long way the last couple years!

Doesnā€™t jasonelle/jasonette allow for the creation of a ā€œnativeā€ app? Doesnā€™t the JSON count as native code when itā€™s loaded onto the phone. Or are those simply wrappers and i am confused?

Hello @jared.gibb

Yes, Jasonelle can be a full native application by default. Using the web view (wrapper) inside Jasonelle makes it easily usable with Bubble and can act as a hybrid application as well. Well done, no one will see that this is a half-part native/web app. I suggest separating your app by page instead of putting everything in one place if you think your app will be complex.

More info 10 min. to build a free iOS / Android native app with Bubble :large_orange_diamond:

2 Likes

Hello @JohnMark ,
I am not a coder but your solution seems not to be that hard. The only question I still have is Can we publish the app after on the apple store and android store ?
And could we be sure that it will be well done and stores will accept the app ?

Cordially,

Hello I have tried several options for making our Bubble.io into a android application. It works, but the main issue I have is with the buttons, which are links to other sites and Tel and sms links, I want it to open in the default browser. but it opens inside app. and the Tel and Sms links crash. Not sure if this helps but I have used the Webviewer tool in Android studio. I also tried Thunkable and it did not work as well. Any ideas are appreciated. Also, has anyone tried https://nativator.io/ and does it work? IF anyone wants to see the app I built it is here. https://sourcesac.bubbleapps.io/
It doesnt look as good in the Web, but mobile web looks fine. I am still working on the kinks. Thanks for the help!

maybe this can help:

(disclaimer: i created it)

Can open links either in app or in your default browser.

I recommend trying Natively. This way is fast and easy.

You can wrap yourself by following simple steps, and it takes minutes.

No technical skills are needed.

You will get a ready-to-publish iOS app, native features, and guaranteed App Store acceptance.