Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Creating a Forums Section for my Site

Hey guys, long time no see.

I am currently trying to create a forums section for my site and I’m having trouble figuring out how to do this.

This is how the process should work:

1. Under the “Forums” tab, you can see topics and you’re able to select one
  2. When a topic is selected, it will navigate to a page and display ONLY the posts for the topic selected

Here’s a link to my editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=forums&id=meetngolf&tab=tabs-1

I guess my question is this, how do I get it to only display topics from the one selected based on how I have the data structured? Currently, when you create a post, you select a topic and it will be assigned but I’m not sure how to filter by that.

Thanks for the help, hopefully someone understands what I’m trying to say!

Why recreate the wheel? Unless your forum does something unique.

Use a subdomain to host a forums section for your site.

Okay… and how would I go about doing that?

Hey @zornman45 :slight_smile: Bubble uses Discourse for this forum. I haven’t installed it before, but there are a few posts on it in the forum. Here’s the link to their site:

1 Like

Hey thanks for the suggestion! I’ll give it a look tomorrow and let you know how it works.

1 Like

Cost seems high do you reccinebd the community install?

I’m not completely sure how their pricing works but @csfalcao posted that he tested with Digital Ocean’s $5.00 a month droplet and it worked perfectly:

The Discourse creator said that the Digital Ocean “droplet size” you need is based on how many “concurrent logged in Users” your app has here:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/is-digital-ocean-10-month-package-good-for-discourse/33218/15

1 Like

One can start with a 5 USD/m then evaluate. DO and others VPS services will allow to increase your server’s hardware at one click.
If you want to use it to a commercial product/service, I’d use a 1 GB of memory VPS at least.

1 Like