Creating accounts from csv file

I would like to do path like this:

1.Upload csv file with “email” and “name”
2.Save this data to database
3.For each email from csv file I would like to create an account
4.For each created account I would like to send email with magic login lin

I have managed to upload a file and save the data to a database, but I can’t extract the data and create an account for them and send an email.

Is there any way to do that? :slight_smile:

Thanks, your manual can be useful but I am having trouble understanding step 3, specifically how to create a custom state like you. When I want to create custom state I dont know which state type I should select. Can you help me? :slight_smile:

I made a video to help you get up and running

Hope this helps

Learn More

Boston85719 is an expert Bubbler with a decade experience as an educator. Real name Matthew, he has been actively building SaaS apps, marketplace apps, scheduling apps and more for clients, himself and for sale as templates.

As an official Bubble Bootcamp Instructor, he leads Bubble Bootcamps on a regular basis.

Always willing to offer advice via the Bubble Forum, Matthew also offers Private Personal and Group Training Sessions.

Through his site, NoCodeTrainer, Matthew provides a range of tutorials with editor access to help you jumpstart your Bubble development.

Always accessible you can send Matthew a private message via the forum or send an email directly with your requests.

Be sure to checkout the Stripe Integration Course when you are ready to integrate Stripe payments to start monetizing your application via product sales or subscriptions.

Stripe Integration Course

NoCodeTrainer.com

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this video, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

I have gone through the whole path several times, changing various settings as I see fit, but I am unable to get the action to create an account and send an email.

Once the csv file has been uploaded, its data is visible in the database but that’s as far as it goes after running the whole path. To my path I added of course the first step which when the button is pressed first causes the data to be loaded as csv and then the API is run :frowning:

Could you try to help me with that?

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you eneded up doing that changed things.

From the screen shot it looks like you in step 2 scheduled the backend workflow I outlined in my video…this should only be done once the CSV file is finished uploading and the data is in the database.

Is my assumption correct on the approach you took?

Your assumption is correct.

When I set everything up according to your video and it didn’t create accounts or send emails, I decided to try setting some things up differently - as my intuition told me, but unfortunately it also ended in failure. Eventually I went back to all the settings you showed in the video.

A while ago I managed to complete the full path successfully!
It seems to me that I made a mistake at this point earlier:

As you said in the video I would also like to list data from a file using “repeating group” but at the moment I have not managed to configure this correctly, I will keep trying :wink:

Once again thanks for all your time and help :slight_smile:

1 Like