Creating Time Slots

Dear Bubblers please help!!

I am trying to create a scheduling system where each user inputs their availability for each day of the week (e.g. mon 9am - 5pm, tue 12pm - 2pm …)

With this, i would like to generate time slots that enable the user to be booked.

What would be the best way to go about creating this, (I haven’t found a saas option that would be cost-effective)

Please help with any tips or resources at all

All the best

Hi @sniphairmail

I was wondering whether you have any luck with this?

I have been trying to solve something similar recently - http://doodle.com/ has an API which you may want to consider, although I’m currently confirming with them if they’ll allow me to use this as a “non enterprise” customer.

What is the wider problem that you are trying to solve with this?

Oh cool, did Doodle reply, i never thought that i would be able to do this with them.

I am trying to create bookable time slots for a marketplace, ideally with 15 min intervals. Bostons solution looks promising though

Hey Boston, this looks great! Thanks for sharing! Im going to try and implement your method. Any chance of sharing an editor view at all?

This helps so much. Thank you Boston!!

1 Like

Hi

Yep, here’s the documenation for their API:
https://api.doodle.com/api/svc-public-api/v1.0/swagger-ui.html

Do you think you will build in bubble directly or leverage an external service like this?

I need to play around with some more, but would love to build in bubble if feasible myself…just seems tricky

I can confirm that it’s possible and tricky ;p
Some calendar plugin may help on that too.

1 Like

Great - are you able to provide any details as to what you built?

I am trying to build something which facilitates interview scheduling across 3 or more different parties together…the added complication is the parties may be across different timezones.

Have you built something like this?

Many thanks in advance!

You can display date and time in a specific timezone or using the user timezone.
In the first case, you should display a warning that say which timezone displayed time is. In the second option, user from a place will see 10-11AM for example, but other user will see 9-10AM because it’s in a different timezone. But both will be in the same timeslot.

Each case is different and like I say it’s tricky. You need to create timeslot, according to open and close business hours and allow user to select which timeslot he is available.

I have managed to implement time slots using Boston’s method. I struggled to implement a time zone function to translate the time of one user to the time of another user: I can do this using simple math but the whole thing gets more complicated when the sessions spill over to the next day. I think I may have to just let the users work it out for now, poor ux though, unless someone has a work around?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.