Current Geographic Location UTC Offset Wrong Value

I have tried to use the built in bubble function to get the users current geographic locations timezone UTC offset value

This is what I have experienced.

This is the set up in the editor.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.22.29 PM Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.22.22 PM

This is the result on my page in the preview mode:

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.23.15 PM

This is what google reports, and I know, to be the actual UTC offset value:

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.23.36 PM

Has anybody used the functionality successfully? Is this a bug or does the functionality just not work generally?

Why does the value not come up as 7 or +7?

Just after posting this…I tried to test again. And this is the results I get…NOTHING is displayed, nothing from the text element at all. I didn’t change anything.

It is very clear from this screen shots, of my element tree that the text elements are still on the page and should be visible on page load

In this gif you can clearly see that the elements are not getting loaded for some strange buggy reason.

bubble bug

This is even more frustrating because last night when I first attempted to use this functionality I had a buggy issue that I signed in today to test again to report. That issue was despite pressing yes to accessing my location information, the app wasn’t registering that I said yes and was reporting an error that I had actually said no…I was going to create a video to prove it because saying sounds crazy and needed to video evidence to prove it true. For some reason ( which made me very excited ) that didn’t happen today.

However, as you can see from these two posts there are other bugs within the functionality. Highly unfortunate as this would be very helpful functionality to have working properly.

I made a test app for this…because everytime I encounter a bug on bubble it just makes me feel like I am doing something wrong and I find a need to investigate it for way to long because my first instinct is to believe I am doing something wrong and that it is not a bug.

Here is the editor to view: please tell me I am just missing something minor to get it to work

https://bubble.io/page?name=index&id=timezoneissues&tab=tabs-6

Here is a gif of what I am experiencing: as you see, nothing is showing up in the text elements even after permission to access location information is granted and the page is refreshed.

bubble bug timzone

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the value returned is in minutes.

So 7 hours X 60 minutes = 420 minutes

Nice, thanks for pointing that out…I was stuck on trying to figure how 420 may be related to milliseconds as most time is calculated with milliseconds…makes a lot of sense to use minutes, especially since some timezones would be offset by 30 minutes rather than a full hour.

Thanks for that.

Now I just need to find a way to get the data to be displayed consistently without any of the other issues I’ve experienced with it.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.