Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Custom variable in a workflow

It would be great to be able to set a custom variable within a workflow step and for that variable’s value to then be used in subsequent steps throughout the workflow.

E.g. let’s say I wanted to count the number of active users inside a table. It would be great if I can do this once at the beginning of a workflow, then base the rest of the logic steps on that variable’s value rather than having to duplicate the search query each time.

Thanks

2 Likes

One way this could be accomplished is by created a custom state on an element, and update that state one time, then use the state’s value for the rest of the workflow.

Custom variables would be useful though, and maybe that’s something that could be defined per workflow, just like custom states on elements.

Either way, you should throw this up on the ideaboard. I think this would do well there.

Thank you. I was actually referring to backend workflows that run without user interaction though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an even better idea - I honestly didn’t even consider that angle. That would be super-helpful!

1 Like