Data Corruption Bug: One of my data fields (text) is getting duplicated across rows

TLDR: For one of my fields, the field value gets copied across to multiple rows in my database. Not all rows, but certainly some rows. This bug isn’t consistently showing up.

==============
PROD: https://app.tracksmallwins.com
DEV: Bubble | No-code apps
(feel free to signup on either if you want to test)

At first, I thought it was something I was doing with Repeating Groups, Popups, or using code or HTML in the field content.

For most of the past few weeks, I was using the Rich Text Editor, but I have switched back to a regular multiline now (though the video below still shows rich text still). If my memory serves me correctly, it was happening with the regular multiline as well.

This very wierd bug has shown up about 3 or 4 times now in the past few weeks of building. Then it showed up again today, which is why I’m posting.

I’m fairly convinced its a bug on Bubble side. I have checked and double-checked everything on my end.

Question 1: Is there a way to monitor every single database change? And also be able to see what event/action/page caused the database update. This would help me spot the potential issue if its in my app.

Question 2: Is it OK to save code blocks for some content inserted into the database? Should I be doing some additional step to save such content? Is that the source of my issue possibly?

If you want to see the video below full screen, click here

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.