Data formula in internal bubble database

Hi everybody and hi @Emmanuel! thanks very much for creating Bubble! It’s such a great tool for people that like me don’t have programming knowledge but have ideas!!

I am wondering if there is a way to calculate formulas in the internal database, like you do in Excel. For instance I create a new thing, whch my user will create by inserting 3 numbers, and then I need to calculate the average. A more advamced feature would be to transform a text in a number (i.e. an answer like “very well” means 5, “fairly well” is 4, etc)

Is that possible? If not, is there a work around? I tried to export data in Google sheet trough blockspring and zapier, but I couldn’t make it work…

Thanks to anyone who will answer

1 Like

It isnt like excel in the formila and calculation within the database. That is not possible.

However, you can insert the data into the database after it has been calculated.

For examples:

• Create a new thing: Stats
    • Avg= calculate forumla (avg) [input 1, input 2, input 3]
1 Like

[quote=“medicalresearchtoolb, post:1, topic:12963”]
Is that possible? If not, is there a work around?[/quote]

Basically, you create “hidden inputs” to compute your mathematical formula for each cell…then you save that hidden input to the database. Some other options:

• ToolBox plugin has some mathematical abilities.
  • For Google Sheets, there is also a service called Sheetsu that you may find useful (very user-friendly tool to turn any google sheet into an API).
  • Google Sheets via blockspring works well too, but is more involved.
1 Like

Thanks very much for answering!
I am trying with blockspring, and I managed to append my values on a spreadsheet (finally!!), the problem is that i need to do that ame operation to other spreadsheets (or worksheets) and i am not finding the way to do that

I am trying to perform a similar task and cannot seem to find an update answer. I have a series of questions I will ask customers and their answers will be derived from a dropdown menu of choices. Each answer will have a hidden associated point value. For each category of questions there will be a different question set. Once all questions have been answered, I would like a formula to auto-generate a total that will be displayed on a managers dashboard. Thoughts and/or videos on how I might get this done? I tried associating the point values to the answers within the Data Attributes section, but I am at a loss from here.