Database Model Design

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what is the best model design to use that suits bubble.io and in the same time can work on SQL, my target here is the ease of exchange between bubble and SQL if I decided to move my database outside of bubble.

So if I exported database from bubble I can import it to SQL easily.

I am in the process of planning my SaaS project and looking to design my database before implementing.

Thank you !

Hi @Aiden

Maybe a bit naive on my part, but i move data between bubble and all kinds of databases, webservices all the time and didn’t really encouter any problems. The only kind of annoying part is mapping attributes.

By the way, I would not recommend working with pure sql (too many reasons). If you need a dedicated backend, look into: https://supabase.com/

1 Like

Hi @davidrasner5 ,

I think I am the naive here, I am not looking to do the Database myself or design it for that matter, I am looking to understand and set requirements for the person I am going to hire to do my project database design.

I am looking for help with this if anyone from the community can help me with this,

Thank you !

You can export to csv. And then use the fields that contain UUIDs as Foreign Keys in SQL.